05th December 2017
Trading Standards Solicitors
Our Regulatory solicitors and lawyers understand the confusion, distress and disruption caused by a Trading Standards investigation or prosecution. Experience tells us that taking legal advice early is vital in managing the fall-out and protecting your best interests. Our expertise in defending regulatory criminal investigations and prosecutions ensures that you receive exactly the advice and representation you need.
How we can help
The Regulatory solicitors and lawyers at Cartwright King have a wealth of experience in dealing with all aspects of Trading Standards investigations and prosecutions. We can provide advice and representation throughout the whole process, from initial complaint to final outcome including:
- HSE Interviews under caution and PACE interviews
- Summons to court
- Representation at the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court
- Appeals to the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court
Initial telephone consultation
Our Regulatory lawyers are just a click or call away and are happy to offer a no obligation initial telephone consultation.
Cartwright King’s Regulatory lawyers can give you and your business the advice you need about:
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading
- Trade descriptions
- Trademarks and copyright infringement
- Misleading prices and advertising
- Manufacturers, importers, wholesalers and suppliers liabilities
- Supply chain problems
- Consumer credit and contract terms
- Product safety
- Product recalls
- Animal welfare
- Ages restricted sales
- Food and risks to public health
- Action under the Enterprise Act 2002
- Closure Notices and Closure Orders
Who are Trading Standards?
Trading Standards departments are teams of specially trained officers from your Local Authority dedicated to overseeing and enforcing the complex web of laws and regulations governing the interaction between businesses and consumers. These are just some of the powers available to a Trading Standards officer:
- Investigate alleged criminal offences using many of the same powers as the police
- Prosecute individuals and businesses in the criminal courts
- Demand the production of documentation
- Make test purchases to gather evidence against you
- The power to seize and detain goods and documentation
- The power to enter your premises with or without a warrant
- The power to inspect and test products
- To prohibit placing items on the market
Why choose Cartwright King?
We have the expertise to advise and represent you through every stage of a Trading Standards investigation or prosecution across the country. Our Regulatory lawyers are hugely experienced and understand the impact that an investigation or prosecution can have on you and your business. We will support you throughout the entire process, explain the outcomes and fight on your behalf.
How to make contact?
Please call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Head of the Regulatory Business Defence - Andrew Brammer.
Telephone: 07711 099 033 Email: email@example.com.
We can represent you wherever you are based and we can meet you away from our offices. Cartwright King has offices in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester.
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Regulatory Team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
26th October 2017
- Business Defence
- Regulatory Solicitors
- Tax Fraud
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- BIS & Commercial
- Office of Fair Trading
- Health & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Environmental Investigation & Prosecution
- Trading Standards
- Closure Order Notices
- Bribery & Corruption
- Private Prosecution Solicitors
- Taxi Licence Appeals
- SIA Licence Appeals
- Firearm Licence Appeals
- Legal Reputation
- Our cases
- Meet the Business Defence team
- Free Guides
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.