Sponsorship Licence & Preventing Illegal Working

Sponsorship Licences

If you wish to employ workers from outside of the European Union you will need to have obtained a Sponsorship Licence from the UKBA. Our team of experts in Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield, Leicester and Birmingham will guide you through the process. The application process can be very complex and involve numerous documents to be submitted. We aim to provide a comprehensive and efficient service which provides minimal disruption to your working environment.

This includes a full service, from initial assessment of your business, your eligibility for a licence, the licence application, the collation of supporting evidence and guiding you through your on-going duties as a sponsor.

Preventing Illegal Working

We advise on the procedures to ensure that your business is fully protected against civil penalties, that it does not breach discrimination laws, that you are compliant with the legal requirements and that all documentation is correct and accurate. We also prepare and provide an Employers Protection Pack to ensure good practice throughout the terms of your sponsorship licence. We can provide detailed advice on your duties as a sponsor to ensure that your company is protected against potential civil and criminal sanctions.

​Employing European Nationals

Certain categories of European Nationals require prior permission to work in the UK. Our team of immigration lawyers can ensure that your company meets the requirements and advise you on the criteria to be met and the documentation required.


‘absolutely superb’

- Legal 500 2017

For further information please get in touch with our dedicated team.

You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email info@cartwrightking.co.uk


Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.

Submit form
Read more
The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms