02nd August 2017
Domestic violence and Immigration
If you are currently in the UK on a spouse visa and your marriage or civil partnership has broken down due to domestic violence then you could be eligible to make an application to remain in the UK. You will have to pay the Home Office fee unless you can prove that you are destitute. You will need to provide evidence of the domestic violence that is objective and impartial. Examples are:
- A court injunction, molestation order or conviction against the sponsor
- Police caution against the sponsor
- Medical report confirming injuries consistent with being the victim of domestic violence.
- Police report confirming attendance at the home of the applicant as a result of the domestic violence
- Letter from Social Services
- Letter of support from Domestic Violence Support Organisation.
We can assist you to obtain the best possible evidence to support your application and submit the application. In the event of the Home Office refusing your application, you will have aright of appeal, with which we can assist with too.
- Legal 500 2017
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
20th January 2017
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.