01st June 2017
Using a mobile phone while driving
At Cartwright King we have a team of motoring solicitors who are on hand to help if you have been accused of using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. The consequences of being found guilty are a heavy fine and potentially the loss of your driving licence if you have ‘totted up’ enough points. We therefore understand how important it is that you receive the best legal advice possible to defend you and your licence. We have offices across the country and can assist wherever you are based.
Who do I contact?
Once you have been accused of using a mobile phone whilst operating a vehicle, it is in your interests to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Our motoring solicitors are more than happy to help, so please call 0808 168 5550 for a free initial telephone consultation or email email@example.com.
What is the law regarding the use of a mobile phone while driving?
Using any hand held mobile device while driving is illegal and if you are to use one you are breaking the law. This is not limited to just mobile phones; it can be any device that is hand held such as personal computers and sat navs that perform any interactive communication functions, which can include:
- Telephone calls
- Text messages
- Internet browsing
- Social media browsing
- Receiving data
What are the consequences if I am caught?
If you are caught driving while using a mobile device you are causing an offence and can receive one of the following punishments:
- Fixed Penalty Notice of £100 and 3 penalty points
- £1000 fine and 3 penalty points
- £2500 fine (if driving a coach or any other heavy goods vehicle) and 3 penalty points
How can we help you?
Using a mobile device while driving is deemed irresponsible; however there are exceptions which can be used in your defence depending on the circumstances. These can include:
- Calling 999 (or 112) in response to a genuine emergency when it was not safe or practicable to cease driving
- Using a two way radio
- That you were not driving at the time
- That you were not actually using the phone
- Using a hands free device
At Cartwright King we will review your circumstances carefully and ensure that you receive high quality legal advice and representation that our solicitors have to offer.
This is a complex area of law and legal advice should be sought if you believe you have a defence. Contact our team on 0800 2800 880 to find out more.
Why Choose Us?
At Cartwright King, our solicitors understand the stress that an allegation can cause and the potential long term consequences that can affect you, your family and your future earning potential if you lose your licence. We are available to support you throughout the entire process, explain the likely outcomes and fight on your behalf.
How to make contact
If you require legal advice or would like a no obligation, free initial telephone discussion, then please call us on 0808 168 5550. Alternatively you can email our driving solicitors on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Our Motoring Solicitors can provide advice across the country and are happy to meet at a time and location that suits you. We also have a network of offices in London, Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, Luton, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle Gateshead, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sheffield and Wellingborough.
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email on email@example.com
01st March 2017
- Motoring Law
- Appeal Driving Ban
- Careless & Dangerous Driving
- Dangerous Driving
- Death by Dangerous Driving or Careless Driving
- Drink Driving
- Driving Without Due Care & Attention
- Driving Whilst Disqualified
- Driving Without Insurance
- Driving Without a Licence
- Driving Without a Valid MOT
- Drug Driving Offences
- Early Return of Driving Licence
- Exceptional Hardship
- Failing to Provide a Specimen
- Failing to Stop After an Accident
- Failure to Notify DVLA
- New Driver Offences
- Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP)
- Notice of Intended Prosecution for Speeding
- Motorcycling Offences
- Penalty Points & Endorsements
- Red Light Offences
- Speeding Offences
- Totting Up
- Using a Mobile Phone While Driving
- Meet the team
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.