GDC Fitness to Practice Hearings
Cartwright King has a team of Professional Discipline solicitors with the knowledge and expertise to represent and defend you in disciplinary investigations, proceedings and hearings before the General Dental Council (GDC). Whether you require advice or need someone to represent you, we are here to help. We are a national firm and can assist wherever you are based.
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
Our highly skilled team are here to take the worry off your hands. We can provide an initial free telephone consultation to see how we can assist in your case. Please call us on 0345 894 1622 or email email@example.com and we will contact you.
The General Dental Council
The General Dental Council (GDC) regulates dental professionals and maintains standards within the profession in the United Kingdom. The GDC registers all qualified dentists and other dental care professionals including dental hygienists, dental therapists, dental nurses and dental technicians. If standards are not met, the GDC are authorised to conduct an investigation and if deemed appropriate, bring disciplinary proceedings which are likely to include hearings.
The GDC investigates a wide range of allegations and matters including (non exhaustive):
- Fraud related to dentistry or to personal finances
- Criminal offences
- Poor dental treatment
- Inappropriate or unprofessional behaviour
- Activities that may endanger the safety of patients or the public
- Fitness to practice being impaired by reason of a physical or mental condition or professional performance
- Sharing confidential information
The GDC has a wide range of sanctions at its disposal including:
- Issuing a reprimand
- Making an order imposing conditions with which a registrant must comply for a specified period
- Directing that a registrant’s registration be suspended for a specified period
- Directing that a registrant’s name be erased from the register
Areas We Can Help
Our team of Professional Discipline lawyers recognise that you will want your case dealt with as a matter of urgency particularly if your professional status and livelihood are at risk. We are here to help. We have the expertise and experience to assist you in relation to a variety of allegations.
How We Can Help You
Our Professional Discipline team has the relevant experience to provide you with a full range of legal advice and assistance in investigations and proceedings including:
- Investigations by the GDC and/or Primary Care Trust/Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Representation at hearings before the GDC Professional Conduct Committee, Professional Performance Committee & Health Committee and Primary Care Trust/Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Appealing GDC decisions
- Criminal investigations and prosecutions
Why Choose Us?
At Cartwright King, our Professional Discipline solicitors understand the stress that disciplinary investigations, proceedings and hearings can cause and the potential long term consequences. We are available to support you throughout the entire process.
How to make contact
If you require any legal advice or if you would like a no obligation free initial telephone discussion, then please call us on 0345 894 1622. Alternatively you can email the Professional Discipline team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.
Our Professional Discipline solicitors can provide advice and assistance across the country and are happy to meet at a time and location that suits you. We also have a network of offices in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester.
Andrew Brammer - Head of Regulatory
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.