GPhC Fitness to Practice
Cartwright King's team of Professional Discipline solicitors have the knowledge and expertise to represent and defend you in disciplinary investigations, proceedings and fitness to practice hearings before the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). Whether you require initial legal advice or someone to represent you at hearings, we are here to help. We are a national firm and can assist wherever you are based.
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
Our Professional Discipline Solicitors are here to take the worry off your hands. We can provide an initial no obligation free telephone consultation to see how we can assist you. Please contact our Professional Discipline team on 0808 168 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you back.
What is the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) is the regulatory body with for the independent regulation of the pharmacy profession in Great Britain. The GPhC regulates and monitors all pharmacists, their respective premises and pharmacy technicians to ensure that they are performing to the desired standard. If the standard falls short of what is acceptable, the GPhC will investigate. If the GPhC decides to take the matter further, this can result in disciplinary proceedings which may result in formal hearings before the GPhC.
The GPhC investigates a wide range of allegations which can include (not exhaustive):
- Deficient professional performance
- Professional misconduct
- Criminal convictions
- Health related issues
The GPhC has a number of sanctions at its disposal that can be imposed including:
- Issuing warnings to registrants
- Issuing advice to any other person or organisation involved in the investigation
- Suspension a registrant from the register for up to 12 months
- Placing conditions on a registrant's registration for up to three years
- Removing a registrant from the register and prohibiting their restoration for a period of five years.
- Recommendation that the GPhC initiate criminal proceedings
- Require a registrant to undergo a medical examination (in a health case)
Our team of Professional Discipline lawyers recognise that you will want your case dealt with as a matter of urgency, particularly if your professional status and livelihood are at risk. We are here to help take the worry off your hands.
We have experience in representing and defending individuals across the country and can assist in all stages of GPhC proceedings including:
- GPhC investigations, disciplinary proceedings and hearings
- Representation at interviews under caution
- Considering evidence served by the GPhC
- Representation at Interim Orders hearings
- Representation at hearings before the Fitness to Practice Committee
- Representation during appeals against decisions made by the Fitness to Practice Committee
Why Choose Us?
At Cartwright King, our Professional Discipline solicitors understand the stress that disciplinary investigations, proceedings and hearings can cause and the potential long term consequences that can affect you and your career. We are available to support you throughout the entire process and will explain in clear terms what the potential outcomes may be.
How to make contact
If you would like a no obligation, free initial telephone discussion, then please call us on 0808 168 5550. Alternatively you can email us on email@example.com and we will contact you.
Our Professional Discipline solicitors can provide advice across the country and are happy to meet at a time and location that suits you. We also have a network of offices in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester..
Andrew Brammer - Head of Regulatory
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.