Complaints Handling Advice Note:
Cartwright King is committed to provide high quality legal advice and services to our clients so of course, when a client tells us that something has gone wrong, we ensure a full investigation to establish the position so that, if at all possible, we can put it right.
Making a Complaint:
If you are unhappy about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you by email or letter so we can understand the precise and clear details. Verbal complaints can be imprecise or incomplete and could lead to misunderstanding.
So, the name of the lawyer involved, the actions or failings that are the basis of the complaint with dates and copies of relevant papers should if possible be included in an email or letter or to the Complaints Manager, Michael Thurston:
- By email: email@example.com.
- By post to: The Complaints Manager, Cartwright King Solicitors, Lock House, Wilford Road, Nottingham. NG2 1AG.
What happens then?
1. The Complaints Manager will acknowledge receipt of the complaint and supply a copy of this Advice Note.
2. If appropriate, the complaint will go to Resolve Legal who are an independent complaints handling and resolution company:
- Miss Raj Tutt. Resolve Legal, Birmingham.
- Email: Raj.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: 07761 279 124.
3. Resolve will contact you and establish the basis of the complaint before providing an objective and impartial findings report. If appropriate they will suggest to you and CK a resolution of the complaint.
4. If you are not satisfied by the Resolve report you can refer to the Legal Ombudsman as follows:
- Email: email@example.com.
- Post to: The Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
- Telephone: 0300 555 0333.
The Ombudsman’s office will decide whether they are able to deal with the referral and will check that the referral is made within 6 months from our response to the complaint or that it is made within 6 years of the act or omission complained of or that it was made within 3 years from the date of you knowing of it or that exceptional circumstances exist.
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.