25th November 2016
Good Divorce Week - What “The Resolution Code” Means to Cartwright King’s Family Team
As a team of family law solicitors with over 100 years experience between us, being members of Resolution and upholding their code of practice is vitally important. The code of practice helps us to focus on each and every client’s individual needs and make sure that they are at the heart of our thinking and advice.
The code means that if you decide to work with our team, we will:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect. It is our job to advise and guide you properly.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions for you and your family.
- Help you focus on what is important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others including solicitors, mediators, counsellors and the court to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress and provide you with realistic expectations, in what can be an already stressful situation.
It is important in all cases that clients have a realistic and thorough understanding of their case. Our job is to guide each client from the start and tailor our approach and advice to suit each individual client’s needs. This involves listening to our clients from the very first meeting and ensuring that we continue to listen as their case progresses.
Following the code of practice means that we are able to reduce conflict and confrontation for our clients and work with likeminded professionals such as mediators, solicitors, financial advisors and the court to achieve the best possible outcome with as little stress, anxiety and cost as possible.
If you are on Twitter, you can follow our Tweets about Good Divorce Week at @CartwrightKing.