29th September 2014

Post Study Work Visa Extension

The Post Study Work visa was always a popular category for students to switch into, however this ended on 6th April 2012. 

There are however other options available to you. The most appropriate alternative is the Tier 2 (general) visa, this is a work based visa and the rules are slightly more relaxed if you are switching into the category from a Tier 4 student visa. 

Until recently Tier 4 students could also switch into Tier 1 entrepreneur category. However, the government have recently put a temporary stop on this option. 

If you are currently in the UK on a Post Study Work visa and it is coming to an end you need to make an application to switch categories in order to extend your visa or you will be required to leave the UK. 

If you would like to discuss your options, then please contact a member of our immigration team on 0845 894 1622 or email 

For further information please get in touch with our dedicated team.

You can always call us on 0845 894 1622 or email on


2 days ago

.@BBCRadio4 soap opera The Archers' Brian Aldridge was interviewed under caution by the Environment Agency earlier…

9 days ago

We re-visit the final in a series of five articles where a member of our Education department Deborah Scales shares…

Follow us @CartwrightKing