Position(s) Director, Solicitor Advocate
Area(s) of Practice Business Defence, Criminal Defence, Advocacy
Phone 07977 869 899
Glen Henry is a director and qualified solicitor.
Glen specialises in defending fraud, corruption, mortgage fraud, VAT fraud, Ponzi frauds and other large scale criminal allegations brought by prosecuting authorities including the Serious Organised Crime Agency, HMRC and the SFO.
Glen has been a solicitor-advocate since 2008 and regularly conducts trials in the crown court. He is approved by the Legal Services Commission as a Fraud Panel Litigator/Supervisor and sits as a member of the Very High Cost Cases Costs Appeal Committee. In 2009 he was appointed as a Single Adjudicator by LSC for Cost Appeals.
Glen is currently defending the main LIBOR defendant in a large scale and far reaching SFO prosecution and Trial. Most recently Glen defended a £100 million Boiler Room/Share Fraud being prosecuted by the SFO and is also conducting contested French Extradition proceedings.
• R v E - Defending £80,000 theft/ fraud against employer.
• R v F - Defending a Director charged with a 14 million investment/Ponzi fraud. Involving FSA/ FSMA, Restraint Order/ Director Disqualification/ Bankruptcy Proceedings and Confiscation.
• R v C - Defended and successfully secured release on bail of person charged with Boiler Room fraud.
• R v R - Defending 1.2 million mortgage and credit card fraud.
• R v T - Defended person charged with ¾ million evasion fraud.
• R v L - One of four defendants (Directors) charged with Corruption and Conspiracy to Defraud. Successfully argued an abuse of process and was the only defendant acquitted of all charges. Glen Henry was instructed as Junior Counsel.
• R v Al-S - Successfully defended a high profile and politically sensitive defendant on serious charges.
• R v W - Successfully defended person charged with Murder.
• R v A - Represented one of several defendants charged with a 1 million pound Conspiracy to defraud several motor insurance companies.
• R v K - Represented a defendant charged with offences relating to Identity Theft and Internet banking fraud of over 100 million pounds.
• R v T - Represented one of three Directors charged with Conspiracy to defraud/ MTiC fraud. Successful argued a 90% reduction in Confiscation sought of over 1 million pound.
• R v N - Represented Company director charged with various VAT and False Accountancy charges. DTI investigations.
• R v C - Represented one of several defendants charged with a 100 million pound evasion of excise duty (cigarette importation).