Position(s) Senior associate, Solicitor
Area(s) of Practice Criminal Defence, Advocacy
Phone 07789 980 268
Nicola has a wealth of experience in dealing with all areas of Crown Court Criminal Defence work with particular experience of cases involving;
- Allegations of Assault/Neglect
- Sexual Offences
- Public Disorder
- High Value Benefit Fraud
- Dangerous Driving
Nicola has a passion for Crown Court advocacy and has a reputation for being a very empathic and understanding advocate whilst always going the extra mile for clients. Nicola has also appeared in the Court of Appeal.
In addition, Nicola has had previous experience in defending clients in the Magistrates Court who have been prosecuted for either benefit fraud or motoring and road traffic offences and also has experience in representing clients at Police Stations.
- Member of the Derby Law Society
- R v A – (Derby Crown Court) – Instructed in a £104,000 Benefit Fraud case. Managed to secure a Conditional Discharge after plea.
- R v A – (Stoke Crown Court 2017) – Instructed in a £3 million robbery of jewellery and Arson from various shops around the Country. Gangs were setting decoy fires around cities to divert emergency services before stealing large amounts of diamonds and watches from jewellers.
- R v K (Derby Youth Court 2017) - instructed in the rape of a 15 year old girl at a teen sleep over party. Acquitted after trial.
- R v C (Derby Crown Court 2017)- Trespass with intent to Sexually assault and GBH – Instructed in this case where a male broke in to a property with duct tape and a claw hammer, with intent to sexually assault a 16 year old girl, causing her to jump from a second floor window and break her leg.
- R v R (Stafford Crown Court 2018) – Wilful neglect of persons who lack mental capacity – Instructed by a nurse in a care home for dementia patients. Accused of neglect, leading to the death of one patient and harm to two other patients.
- R v M – (Nottingham Crown Court 2017) – S18 Wounding with intent, possession of a knife, robbery. A 16 year old boy with no previous convictions involved in 2 incidents, where a boy was knocked off his bike by a car deliberately and then robbed and seriously assaulted. Whilst on bail, the Defendant with others then stabbed a young male in the back twice.
- R v H (Birmingham Crown Court 2016) – Making threats with a knife. Elderly male with dementia, made threats to others with a knife after he was pushed around and abused. After the offence carried a minimum prison term, it was successfully argued that it was not in the public interest to prosecute.
“Its nice to meet somebody that is good at their job. It restores my faith in humanity.” - Client testimonial
“Words cannot express how grateful both myself and Nick are for all your support throughout my ordeal. For myself I am thankful for the belief you have had in me and for being loyal to me. Thank you Nicola.” - Client testimonial
“We really appreciate all the hard work you did for my court case. Without your help and belief in me I really don’t know where it all would have ended. After 2 years of persecution and worry we can get our lives back on track. Thank you Nicola for restoring my faith in British Justice." - Client testimonial
“Thank you for your greatly appreciated attention and advice.” - Client testimonial
“Just want to say thank you for all your time and effort with my case, and all the support you have given me. PS – I have your number for emergencies!” - Client testimonial
“Thank you for everything you have done. We can start looking forward now.” - Client testimonial