Crown Court Caseworker / PSR - Oxford
Position: Crown Court Caseworker & Police Station Representative
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Closing date: Friday 12th January 2018
Interview date: W/C 22nd January 2018
Interview location: Nottingham
Please note we are not accepting CV’s from agencies for this role.
Working on and preparation of Crime and Crown Court Crime cases including:-
- Dealing with clients, witnesses, prosecution, courts and third parties both face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Attending the Police Station (both in and out of hours)
- Completing legal aid applications
- Taking instructions from clients and witnesses
- File opening and ongoing file maintenance
- Dealing with case documents electronically
- Preparation for court
- Archiving old case files
- Preparation of cases for billing
- Generally assisting our team of lawyers where required
- Police Station Accredited
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills, including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with members of the team and clients
- Ability to work proactively and with a can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Trustworthy & Confidential
The successful candidate will be a confident and competent caseworker with exceptional time management skills. They must be hard working, willing to work as part of a team and have excellent people skills.
Full training will be provided to the right applicant who can demonstrate the right skill set to cope with this demanding role.
To apply please email a full CV, covering letter and quote reference number 2017.21 to: firstname.lastname@example.org