Position: Family / Care Paralegal
Hours: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 15th June 2018
Interview date: W/C 25th June 2018
Please note we are not accepting agency CV’s for this role.
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients are our priority. We have consistently expanded and built teams of the best barristers, solicitors, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forwarding thinking law firm offering quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines:
Family & Divorce Law, Child Care Law, Family Mediation, Wills and Probate, Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline, Immigration, Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring Law and Road Transport Law
What can we offer you:-
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training;
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
- A commitment to flexible working and good work life balance;
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence.
In return we are looking for committed, ambitious people who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The role we are currently advertising for is a Family/Care Paralegal. This is a great opportunity for someone to join this department to develop your current knowledge and work with a variety of different people.
Please see the prime responsibilities and requirements below:-
- You will undertake a variety of duties such as:
- Direct assistance with clients:Client contact point for new cases and allocation and when team in court
- Office contact for all phone and drop in enquiries and for Guardian and expert liaison
- Setting up appointments: Booking meeting rooms and any additional requirements
- Support the team with client contacts, instructions; follow up, statement checking, etc.
- Attend PLO meetings with clients (Legal Help) – Supported and supervised
- Attending at Court / or meetings to assist counsel and take notes
- Administrative support to team:
- Case management - File set up, full conflict checks, liaison with counsel and experts, getting costs quotes/time frames, arrange claiming and paying disbursements, on split fee experts
- Completing outline C2 applications to court on all issues for fee earner and serving , requisitioning cheques and paying court fees
- Scanning incoming post and documentation
- Setting up, monitoring, claiming and paying DNA and drug and alcohol testing
- Prepare basic court forms, such as divorce petitions, statements in support, application for Decree Nisi etc.
- Bundles: Checking with index, paginating, sorting for trial and chasing Liaison with in house billing team
- Monitoring costs, chasing payments, liaising with accounts, checking POA and recoupments
- Monitoring Legal Helps limit Closing files
- Administrator for LAA online service – point of contact for all LA / FE queries
- Completing all LAA applications, extensions of scope and limits, prior authority and billing as above for checking by fee earner
- Ad-hoc office support, for example: DX, phones, post etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Family Law is preferred
- Knowledge of legal aid processes, ability to handle file billing, preparation of payments on account, use of online portal and CCMS system to complete legal aid applications, with minimal supervision required from solicitor in the department
- Ability to draft routine correspondence to clients, court and other solicitors etc and attend and take notes in meetings/court hearings
- Previous experience with a Case Management System
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Pro-active and uses own initiative to solve problems and improve work in the department
- The successful candidate must be hard working, flexible and willing to build good working relationships as part of a team and have excellent people and IT skills.
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting the Job Reference: 2018.12