Family Law Solicitor- Birmingham
Position(s): Family Solicitor
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 29th December 2017
Please note we are not using agencies to recruit for this role
- Based at our Birmingham office you will have responsibility for and will develop and deal with a caseload of family work. This will include divorce & separation, related financial and private law children matters and domestic abuse cases. As stated above, this role does not involve public law children matters but may involve private law children matters or pre-proceedings work where local authorities are involved.
- Be prepared to develop and maintain local and regional networks to attract and secure new business.
- You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in family law;
- You should have experience in both legal aid and private work as this role has a mixed caseload;
- Experience of running your own caseload and acting with some autonomy;
- Advocacy experience is of advantage but not essential;
- Current membership of Resolution and a willingness to work to its ethos is desirable. Accredited by the Law Society or Resolution in this area of family law or be willing to commit to gain accreditation on joining is essential;
- Excellent communication, organisational and IT skills;
- Ability to work as a member of the team and to support colleagues in our other offices were necessary;
- Ability to build relationships with other professionals and third parties;
- Ability to work under pressure to time and financial targets;
- Professionalism and integrity at all times;
- Confidence to develop own case load and the profile of the Birmingham office specifically and our practice generally via networking, marketing and business development.
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter, quoting the Job Reference 2017.23 to Ellen Nightingale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.