Mental Health Lawyer
Position: Mental Health Lawyer
Hours: Full time and Permanent
Interview Date: W/C 4th June 2018
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients are our priority. We have consistently expanded and built teams of the best barristers, solicitors, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forwarding thinking law firm offering quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines:
Family & Divorce Law, Child Care Law, Family Mediation, Wills and Probate, Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline, Immigration, Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring Law and Road Transport Law
What can we offer you:-
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training;
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
- A commitment to flexible working and good work life balance;
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence.
In return we are looking for committed, ambitious people who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. The role we are currently advertising for is a Mental Health Lawyer. This is a great opportunity for someone to join this department to develop your current knowledge and work with a variety of different people.
Please see the prime responsibilities and requirements below:-
- Based at our Birmingham office you will have responsibility for and will develop and deal with a caseload of mental health cases under our contract/s with the Legal Aid Agency with minimal administration assistance
- You will assist the team in continuing to develop a mental health law presence for the practice.
- Have proven local or regional connections and be prepared to maintain and develop those
- You will be an accredited Member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Tribunal Panel
- Experience of representing patients detained under both civil and criminal sections of the Mental Health Act
- Experience of running your own caseload and acting with autonomy, and perhaps in the supervision and support of less senior team members
- A thorough understanding of the content and application of the Legal Aid contract for Mental Health work
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage your own diary
- Excellent IT skills and an ability to use a case management system effectively
- An ability to bill your own work /or to be taught to do so
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to build good working relationships with members of the team and with clients
- Able to build relationships with other professionals and third parties
- Capable of working under pressure to deadlines and to meet time and financial targets
- Confidence to develop own case load via networking, marketing and business development • Act with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Ability to assimilate and promote the CK core values in your work
- Willingness to contribute to team training sessions to deliver internal training
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting the Job Reference: 2018.11