Our Terms and Conditions
- The name of the person dealing with your case has been communicated to you. If it is necessary for good reason to change that person handling your case we will let you know as soon as possible.
- We confirm that having considered your instructions you do not qualify for payment for all or part of our services with assistance from the Legal Services Commission
- FEES:Our fees will cover meetings held with you or others, court hearings, preparation of advices, letters written and considered, telephone calls made and received, travelling and waiting, and all work necessarily undertaken to progress your case. We will make a separate charge for third party services engaged on your behalf such as experts and courier services. If significant, these costs will be incurred with your prior authority. We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 10% pa on outstanding amounts owed to us, and for out of pocket expenses such as travelling, faxes, copying, postal and telephone charges. Payment of our invoices is due upon receipt.
- If you have provided us with costs on account, we reserve the right to formally reconcile your account at an appropriate time and appoint any funds to any outstanding invoices. Your instruction to do that is set out in your acceptance of these terms.
- If your fees are to be paid from another source e.g. a legal expenses insurer, another party involved or an employer or any other body or person we nevertheless confirm that our contract is with you and that we reserve the right to require you to fund the case in accordance with our terms and conditions
- Any failure by you to pay any amount or instalment required or to pay any invoice in accordance with our normal terms for payment entitles us to cease or not work on your case and to delay the implement your instructions until payment is received.
- If payment falls due and we are holding any money or property on your behalf whether in relation to that or any other matter we shall be entitled to deduct what is due to us from that money or to retain that property until payment is made.
- Interest Policy: The firm will pay interest on balances held in the firm’s Client Account in accordance with SRA Account Rules Regulations 2011. Interest will be calculated at the end of a case at the rate of 0.1%per annum. This rate is subject to review. Any sums calculated under £20 will not be paid to clients; this amount is also subject to review.
- You may have the right to question or challenge our charges by:
- Speaking or writing to your contact at Cartwright King, or
- Writing to the Complaints Partner or,
- You may also have the right to object to the bill by making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman
- [In contentious cases only, where court proceedings have begun] you have the right to apply to the court to have the bill assessed under Part III of the Solicitors Act 2004.
- If your case either leads you to being prosecuted or your instructions are to represent you in a court case where you are being prosecuted then you will be liable, in the event of conviction to pay the costs and expenses of the Prosecution. These are payable in addition to anything payable by you to us.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 0845 894 1622
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.