27th March 2019
Competition and Markets Authority
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) enforces consumer protection law and competition law, investigating and prosecuting cartels, price-fixing and market sharing. Cartwright King can provide highly experienced business defence solicitors to advise and represent your interests.
In recent years the CMA has targeted the construction industry on issues including collusive tendering, moving to tendering for public works contacts and cover pricing. All of these are areas Cartwright King can advise on and we have been successful in representing many clients in these types of investigations.
Our team are skilled in working to the tight timescales of these investigations and can quickly and effectively deal with the necessary issues. Our expert defence teams can effectively help with:
- CMA powers: dawn raids, notices to force surrender of documents, interviews with directors and staff under caution and when they can be compelled to provide information.
- Fines: under the Competition Act companies can be fined 10% of worldwide turnover for every financial year involved.
- Leniency programme: negotiation of substantial reduction of potential fines caused by whistle blowing.
- Criminal prosecution: of directors and employees for serious cartels and bid-rigging (under the Enterprise Act) resulting in imprisonment and disqualification as a director.
- Analysing large volumes of paper and electronic evidence and interrogating computer records.
- No action letters: immunity from criminal prosecution of individuals for co-operations and whistle blowing.
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Regulatory Team directly on email@example.com
04th February 2019
- Business Defence
- Regulatory Solicitors
- Tax Fraud
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- BEIS & Commercial
- Competition and Markets Authority
- Health & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Environmental Investigation & Prosecution
- Trading Standards
- Closure Order Notices
- Bribery & Corruption
- Private Prosecution Solicitors
- SIA Licence Appeals
- Firearm Licence Appeals
- Legal Reputation
- Our cases
- Meet the Business Defence team
- Free Guides
- Account Freezing Orders
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.