21st August 2018
Cartwright King has a team of extradition solicitors with the knowledge and expertise to fight extradition proceedings through every stage, from arrest right through to appeals at the Supreme Court. We are a national firm and can assist wherever you are based.
Initial telephone consultation
Our highly skilled extradition lawyers team are on hand to provide an initial consultation to see how we can assist in your case. Please call us on 0808 168 5550 or email email@example.com.
Our team will support and guide you through the entire process, rigorously fighting on your behalf at every stage, from the preliminary hearing and bail application, throughout the extradition hearing and if necessary at appeals in both the High Court and Supreme Court.
Extradition proceedings are brought via the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA), Extradition Unit and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS). Cartwright King has significant experience in working with all these agencies and will liaise directly with them on your behalf throughout the proceedings.
Extradition is the transfer of a person accused of criminal offences in a country outside of the UK to that country to be prosecuted or serve a criminal sentence. We understand how stressful, complex and life changing these proceedings are. Our reputation in criminal defence means we have all the experience to fight for you to bring the best results possible for you and your family.
Businesses and individuals may find themselves under investigation from other jurisdictions. You may receive a request for Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) or find out that you are under investigation for various criminal offences. Knowing how to respond to such requests and understanding your rights will determine how we can help you reach the best possible outcome.
What we can assist with:
- Extradition requests: certification, European arrest warrants (EAWs), certificate of conviction
- Category 1 & 2 territories: Judicial and designated authority, dual criminality; Prima Facie evidence
- Extradition offences: bars to extradition
- Bail application
- Appeals and human rights issues
- Appointing the best barrister for your case
- Instructing and liaising with foreign lawyers and experts
- Money laundering, fraud, cartels, war crimes, corruption
Funding your case
We can find out whether you are eligible for Legal aid. If legal aid is not available we offer affordable fixed fees and a transparent pricing structure.
How to get in contact
Sundeep Soor is the Head of Extradition and is on hand to assist with your enquiry.
Please call us on 0808 168 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist.
We can assist wherever you are based but we also have offices in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester.
- Andrew Brammer — Head of Regulatory
- Sundeep Soor — Head of Tax & Fraud
- Richard Cornthwaite — Head of White Collar Crime (London)
- Meet the Team
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email email@example.com
- Business Defence
- Regulatory Solicitors
- Tax Fraud
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- BIS & Commercial
- Office of Fair Trading
- Health & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Environmental Investigation & Prosecution
- Trading Standards
- Closure Order Notices
- Bribery & Corruption
- Private Prosecution Solicitors
- Taxi Licence Appeals
- SIA Licence Appeals
- Firearm Licence Appeals
- Legal Reputation
- Our cases
- Meet the Business Defence team
- Free Guides
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (SOCPA) – Section 62 Notices for Disclosure
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.