21st August 2018
Office of Fair Trading
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) enforces consumer protection law and competition law, investigating and prosecuting cartels, price-fixing and market sharing. Cartwright King can provide highly experienced business defence solicitors to advise and represent your interests.
In recent years the OFT has targeted the construction industry on issues including collusive tendering, moving to tendering for public works contacts and cover pricing. All of these are areas Cartwright King can advise on and we have been successful in representing many clients in these types of investigations.
Our team are skilled in working to the tight timescales of these investigations and can quickly and effectively deal with the necessary issues. Our expert defence teams can effectively help with:
- OFT powers: dawn raids, notices to force surrender of documents, interviews with directors and staff under caution and when they can be compelled to provide information.
- Fines: under the Competition Act companies can be fined 10% of worldwide turnover for every financial year involved.
- Leniency programme: negotiation of substantial reduction of potential fines caused by whistle blowing.
- Criminal prosecution: of directors and employees for serious cartels and bid-rigging (under the Enterprise Act) resulting in imprisonment and disqualification as a director.
- Analysing large volumes of paper and electronic evidence and interrogating computer records.
- No action letters: immunity from criminal prosecution of individuals for co-operations and whistle blowing.
Cartwright King has offices in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester.
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Regulatory Team directly on email@example.com
- Business Defence
- Regulatory Solicitors
- Tax Fraud
- Proceeds of Crime Act
- BIS & Commercial
- Office of Fair Trading
- Health & Safety
- Environment & Planning
- Environmental Investigation & Prosecution
- Trading Standards
- Closure Order Notices
- Bribery & Corruption
- Private Prosecution Solicitors
- Taxi Licence Appeals
- SIA Licence Appeals
- Firearm Licence Appeals
- Legal Reputation
- Our cases
- Meet the Business Defence team
- Free Guides
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (SOCPA) – Section 62 Notices for Disclosure
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.