Advance Decisions to refuse medical treatment of any sort are legally enforceable decisions which will take effect from the point in time that you loose the mental capacity to give or withhold consent to a given form of medical treatment.
Advance Decisions to refuse life sustaining treatment must be in writing and must be witnessed. A poorly drafted Advance Decision document could be lawfully ignored by clinicians if the circumstances to which it applies are unclear. We are experts in drafting Advance Decision documents and can discuss your circumstances with you to ensure that your wishes are respected even after you become incapable of taking your own decisions about your medical treatment.
Contact one of our experts to find out more about how we can help you.
- Anna Thurston - Head of Department
You can always call us on 0845 894 1622 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Care & Healthcare
- Community Care Assessments for Adults and Children
- Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
- Cuts to Public Services for the Ill, Elderly or Disabled
- Funding for Care in the Community under the Mental Health Act 1983
- NHS Continuing Healthcare
- NHS Funding for Care Including for Care Home Fees
- Access to Specialist Medical Treatment
- End of Life Decisions
- Advance Decisions
- Meet the team
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.