Skip to main content


The Court of Protection can appoint a Deputy when somebody is no longer able to look after their affairs for themselves. The application is made by a third party when they believe the person has already lost capacity to manage their own affairs. As with Lasting Powers of Attorney there are two different kinds of deputyship – health and welfare and property and affairs (deputies).

The Court order will set out a Deputy’s specific powers and the Deputy is supervised by the Office of Public Guardian.

Any person over the age of 18 can be a Deputy. The Court will consider whether someone is suitable to act as a Deputy when considering the appointment.

Email you enquiry:

Email your Enquiry

Please complete the form below providing a brief outline of your query, and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly.

What clients say about us


Please provide a brief outline of your query below, and one of our specialist team members will be in touch with you shortly.

The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms
Email Cartwright King Solicitors
Call Cartwright King Solicitors