11th January 2018
HSE Interview Under Caution
Cartwright King Solicitors are the experts in representing clients who have been invited to attend a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) interview under caution. We are able to represents clients across the country and are on hand to provide free initial advice.
For free initial consultation please call 0808 168 5550 or email: .
What is a interview under caution & why have I been asked to attend?
If a person or organisation is suspected of committing a criminal offence (usually a breach of the duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or associated regulations), then the Health and Safety Executive or Local Authority may invite you to attend an interview under caution or “PACE” interview.
The interview is a formal question and answer session which is recorded and may be used as evidence in criminal proceedings. It is a key part in building a case against you. If you receive a letter referring to such an interview, you should immediately seek legal advice.
What happens at the interview?
Usually, you will be asked to attend a meeting at the investigating authority’s offices during which, the interview will take place.
At the start of the interview you will be given the “Caution”. This is a formal warning explaining your rights and the consequences that can follow from how you respond to the questions. Anything you say during the interview can be used as evidence against you. You should also be told that you have the right to consult with a legal advisor.
You will then be asked a series of questions about the alleged offence and the whole process will be recorded.
How we can help?
- We can find out more information about what it is you are alleged to have done wrong and why.
- Health and safety legislation is complicated so we can help you to understand the allegations and identify information you may put forward in your defence. Sometimes this might be something you did not think was relevant, but could be crucial to the case.
- We can advise you on your tactical options before you decide whether or not to be interviewed.
- We can advise you and represent your interests through the whole process.
Why you should have a solicitor with you during the interview?
- This is a formal legal process and one that they will be familiar with.
- They can help you understand the process and advise you on how to act in your best interests.
- They can ensure that the interview is conducted properly and fairly and that your rights are protected.
- They will be on-hand to immediately address any questions or concerns that you might have during the interview.
- Interviews can be nerve-wracking, and they will be with you to offer welcome support and guidance.
Our fees - Legal aid or Fixed Fees explained
If you are under arrest or the interview is conducted at a police station you may be able to receive free advice and assistance. Our legal representatives are authorised to provide this service.
In all other respects, we are more than happy to discuss fees for our help and if possible agree a fixed fee so that you can be confident of the cost and focus on the interview process.
How to make contact?
Please call us on 0808 168 5550 or email email@example.com for a free initial consultation.
Andrew Brammer is the Head of the Regulatory Business Defence and Health and Safety team. The team is on hand to assist wherever you are based and has exceptional experience in representing clients facing an interview under caution. We also specialise in interviews under caution brought by other regulatory agencies.
Andrew Brammer - Head of Regulatory
Telephone: 07711 099 033 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can represent you wherever you are based and we can meet you away from our offices. Cartwright King has offices across the country in Birmingham, Bedford, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London Temple, London Fleet Street, Luton, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Northampton, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield and Worcester.
"The best criminal defence you can get"
Chambers & Partners
"The professionalism, understanding, support and belief shown by the team throughout provided a lifeline at a time when it was most needed."
“Consistently involved in top-level work within the region. Continues to set the standard for criminal work.”
Chambers & Partners
“Excel in providing quality advice and representation.”
You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Regulatory Team directly on email@example.com.
11th September 2017
- Criminal Defence
- Interviews under caution
- Police Stations
- Legal Aid
- 24 hour Criminal Defence
- Magistrates Court
- Benefit Fraud
- Blue Badge Fraud
- Court Summons - Postal Requisition
- Crown Court
- Cyber Crime Solicitors
- Appeal Against Conviction or Sentence
- ADHD Specialist Defence
- Indecent Images
- Legal Reputation
- Meet the Criminal Defence team
Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.