Discrimination Claims

The Equality Act 2010 provides that schools, colleges and universities cannot discriminate against a student in respect of admissions, provision of education, access to services and exclusions.

Claims against schools can be brought in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal. The tribunal has the power to order schools to take certain action or to issue an apology. However the tribunal does not have power to aware compensation. Therefore if compensation is sought then a claim should be brought in the County Court.

Discrimination claims against universities should be brought in the County Court. There are strict time limits to bring a claim.

For further information please get in touch with our dedicated team.

You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email the Education Team on info@cartwrightking.co.uk


Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.

Submit form
Read more
The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms