Our employment solicitors support fairness and best practice in the workplace and act for both employers and employees. We cover all aspects of employment law including employment contracts and policies, restructures and redundancies, disciplinary, capability and grievance procedures, settlement agreements, and tribunal representation.
If you want to safely steer your business through the minefield of employment law it really does pay to get the right advice and support. We keep on top of legislation and case law. We help businesses manage their employee relations by giving proactive advice to help stop disputes arising. Where a dispute has arisen we can help you quickly resolve it in a commercially pragmatic way, often using a negotiated settlement agreement.
If the dispute does go to court or tribunal, perhaps because it is in your company’s best interests to bring or defend a claim, we can help you.
BUSINESS SERVICES FOR EMPLOYERS
- Employment Health Checks - Because Prevention is Better than Cure.
- “Nip it in the Bud” Clinics - If you know, or suspect, that something is threatening the health of your business, you should have it examined by a specialist, and sooner rather than later.
- HR Plus One - Expert support at your grievance, capability and disciplinary hearings. Avoid liability for unfair dismissal or unlawful discrimination. Let our employment law specialists join your redundancy consultation meetings, disciplinary, grievance or capability hearings in the role of supporting external HR Consultant.
- Free E-Bulletins and seminars - Keeping you up to date with changes in the law.
- Effective Equality and Diversity Training for Staff and Managers.
- Fixed Fee Employer Protection Packages - With or without insurance to cover defending employment tribunal claims or injunctions to enforce restraints of trade.
We understand what a dreadful impact being unhappy at work can have on your health and on your personal and family life. Simply knowing your rights can instantly make you feel empowered and so much better. It is possible to assert your rights with your employer in a constructive, non-confrontational way that will resolve the problem and let you get on with your work and your life.
We can make that first approach to your employer on your behalf or we can write the letter for you to send in your own name, if you prefer. If you are treated badly for raising a grievance or asserting a statutory right, you may have an additional set of claims against your employer which we can help you with.
If you are facing disciplinary or capability proceedings we can make representations to your employer to help prevent your dismissal, or try to negotiate an exit strategy on favourable terms and with an agreed reference. Click here to learn more about Settlement Agreements.
If you decide you want a court or tribunal to hear your claim (or because you have to defend a claim your employer has brought against you), we have the in-house expertise to represent you.
Quick Links for Employees
- FAQ’s Settlement Agreements
- Employee Rights
- Acas Early Conciliation Procedure
- Employment Tribunal Fees
- Bringing Claims Against Your Employer
Tip for employees - Do you have legal expenses insurance on your household or other insurance policy? If so it could cover your dispute and you are free to choose your own employment lawyer. Why not choose us?
Amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, our Employment solicitors are adopting Skype video calling where appropriate to continue providing excellent legal services to you.