Things to consider when furloughing employees
In response the urgent needs of our clients’ Cartwright King is offering a support package to help employers navigate their way through the employment law issues that have arisen as a result of the Coronavirus crisis.
New employment law has never been made at such speed but that does not mean existing employment legislation has been shelved. Far from it. If you need to furlough or lay off staff let us help you act quickly whilst avoiding major pitfalls including:
- Claims from employees for breaches of contracts and unfair dismissal;
- Discrimination claims under the Equality Act 2010;
- Claims for protective awards for failing to consult when 20+ employees are to be made redundant.
- Claims for failure to pay the National Minimum Wage if you decide to furlough and not top up the 80% grant offered by the Government;
- Falling foul of the stringent anti-fraud measures the Chancellor promises to bring in relation to furlough pay.
Call us for a Free 20 minute consultation with one of our specialist Employment Lawyers on 0808 168 5550
What is included in the support package?
The fixed fee support package includes up to 3 hours of legal advice from our employer lawyers and any of the following 4 template letters:
- Letter to furlough employees;
- Letter about change of terms and conditions;
- Letter notifying employees they are at risk of redundancy;
- Letter confirming selection for redundancy;
Call us for a Free 20 minute consultation with one of our specialist Employment Lawyers.
The cost of the fixed fee is £750 plus VAT. To discuss our fees in further detail, or for any further information, please contact employment lawyers Deborah Scales or Philip Pearson by calling us on 0808 168 5550 or email us using the enquiry form below.
Amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, our team of solicitors are adopting Skype video calling to continue providing excellent legal services to you.
For more information on your rights surrounding Coronavirus, visit our dedicated page.
Why choose Cartwright King?
Cartwright King also promotes remote working, so we can provide you with the same excellent service outside of our office locations.