Many couples, who are facing difficulties in their marriage and wish to have a period of time apart may not wish to have the finality of divorce proceedings, and for these people, a correctly drafted Separation Deed may be the ideal solution.
Our Family Lawyers can ensure that you achieve a positive solution dealing with the many aspects that can be included within a Separation Agreement:
- Division of property
- Interim arrangements for who will live in the property and how you will meet bills or share bills
- Division of investment products and savings
- Dealing with payment of maintenance to either of you or the children
- A framework for the arrangements for the children during school term time and school holidays
- Other provision for the children including payment of school or university fees
- Decisions about family businesses or partnership, and transfer of shareholdings.
This is a complex area and you need to ensure that any document is correctly drafted to ensure that it is legally binding and will be accepted by the Court should proceedings for divorce occur at a later stage.