Long Residence Applications

If you wish to apply for settlement in the UK after living here for a number of years there are currently two routes by which this can be achieved:

10 year route

If you have been living in the UK legally for 10 years and can prove your continuous residence during this time then you can potentially make an application for settlement in the UK. To be eligible for settlement under this route you would need to:

  • Have 10 years continuous lawful residence;
  • Show that there are no reasons why it would not be in the public interest for you to be granted settlement. The Home Office will take into account factors such as your age and strength of connections to the UK.
  • Meet the knowledge of language and life  in the UK requirements.
  • Show you are not in breach of immigration rules except for any periods of overstaying up to a maximum of 28 days.
  • Show that you do not fall under the general grounds for refusal. 


‘absolutely superb’

- Legal 500 2017

For further information please get in touch with our dedicated team.

You can always call us on 0808 168 5550 or email info@cartwrightking.co.uk


Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.

Submit form
Read more
The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms