If your Spouse, Civil Partner or Partner is a British Citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply to join them by applying for a Spouse/Civil Partner/Unmarried Partner Visa, which if granted will allow you initial residence in the UK for 30 months. In order for your visa application to be granted you must meet the strict requirements set out in the Immigration Rules. At Cartwright King we can assist you through the whole process.
What are the requirements for a Spouse visa/Civil Partner/Unmarried Partner visa?
There are two routes to settlement; a 5 year and a 10 year route. In order to succeed on the shorter 5 year route, you will have to satisfy all the requirements such as the suitability requirements, relationship requirements, immigration status requirements, financial requirements and English Language requirements.
If the requirements are met, and you are placed on the 5 year route to settlement, then you should be given an initial visa for a period of 30 months.
If you cannot meet all of the requirements, but satisfy the suitability requirements and fall into one of the categories in the exceptions, then you may be granted a visa as part of the 10 year route to settlement.
To summarise, you will have to prove:
- that you meet the suitability requirements
- that you are both over 18
- that you are not closely related to your partner
- that you have met your partner
- that you are in a genuine and subsisting marriage, civil partnership or relationship
- that you were free to marry
- that you intend to live together permanently
- that your partner, the UK Sponsor has a gross income of £18,600 p/a plus an additional £3,800 for one child applying and an additional £2,400 for each further child applying. Alternatively, by having the requisite amount of savings. This requirement is not applied if the sponsor is on certain types of disability benefit or carer allowance.
- Proof of English Language at level A1 of the CEFR for Languages.
How we can help
If you are looking to apply for a Visa to join your Spouse, Civil Partner or Partner in the UK, extend such a visa or eventually apply for indefinite leave after completion of the 5 year or 10 year route, our Immigration Solicitors are available to help you throughout the entire legal process.
Our team will be able to give you a fixed fee quote which will include consultations, taking detailed instructions, drafting statements, providing a tailored made list of documents specific to your case to support the application, assessing each document to ensure maximum chance of success, making the application in country or on line, booking an appointment at the embassy where necessary and do full preparation of the application pack with detailed legal representations.
You will also be advised of the current ECO/UKVI fee and NHS health charge where applicable.
To view a list of our fixed fees for Immigration applications, please read our online price guide. We are different from other firms and service providers as we focus on a tailored service with a fixed fee, so that you know the total cost of your case from the outset. Please call us to discuss your requirements, or email us using the enquiry form below.
Amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, our team of solicitors are adopting Skype video calling to continue providing excellent legal services to you.
For more information on your rights surrounding Coronavirus, visit our dedicated page.
Why choose Cartwright King?
Cartwright King also promotes remote working, so we can provide you with the same excellent service outside of our office locations.