Expert team with vast experience in providing advice and representation in Transport Law.
As an Operator or driver of a Goods or Public Service vehicle you are governed by a vast range of rules and regulations. Breaches of any of these can stop you in your tracks.
Taking expert advice early is a vital step in protecting yourself and your business. Cartwright King’s Road Transport Lawyers are renowned for the quality of their advice and tenacity of their representation; they regularly appear for UK and overseas clients at Public Inquiries, in the magistrates' Courts, the Crown Court, High Court, Court of Appeal, the Tax Tribunal and others, indeed our barristers are cited in a large number of leading cases in the area of Road Transport Law.
Free initial telephone consultation
For a no obligation, free initial consultation please contact us on 0808 168 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll call you back.
Cartwright King's Road Transport Lawyers provide specialist advice and assistance in:
- Representation at Traffic Commissioner’s Public Inquiries
- DVSA (VOSA) Enforcement action
- DVSA (VOSA) and Police interviews under caution and investigations
- Criminal prosecutions in the Magistrates' Court and Crown Courts
- Regulatory' offences e.g. excess hours/ no or insufficient breaks; falsifying tachograph records; EU Regulations infringements; loads; Vehicle condition.
- Criminal driving offences: corporate Manslaughter; death/causing serious injury by dangerous/ careless Driving; dangerous/careless Driving; Dangerous Vehicle/condition
- HM Revenue & Customs and Border Agency offences: Contraband or drugs importation; Assisting Unlawful Entry into the UK (clandestine entrants)
- Appeals to the High Court, Crown Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Fixed penalties: tachograph infringement; Rest Periods; Excess driving; Construction &use (Overweight; unsafe loads); LEZ infringements; cabotage
- Prohibition Notices
- Regulatory Compliance
- Driver conduct hearings; protecting your income
- Clandestine entrants: Civil Penalties and appeals
- HGV Road Levy infringements and non-payment penalties
- HM Revenue & Customs vehicle seizure and Condemnation/Recovery/Restoration proceedings
- General Road Transport advice and assistance
- Fixed penalties
- International Hauliers and drivers
Cartwright King also operates a dedicated International Road Transport team, advising and representing European hauliers and drivers in all matters relating to the operation of LGV's into the UK from Europe. Our reputation for quality advice and representation extends across Europe.
How to make contact
Simon Clarke is a Director and Head of Transport Law at Cartwright King. Simon and his national team of Transport Solicitors are on hand to provide you with any legal advice or representation you should need it.
To organise a no obligation, free initial consultation please telephone 0808 168 5550 or email email@example.com.
As the government begin to ease lockdown measures, we have setup a new COVID Secure team to review how clients can resume visiting our office when required, safely. The team has also reviewed how Cartwright King employees can return to the office safely so that business can return to normal as possible. Should you wish to book an appointment with one of our legal representatives and visit our office, you will be prompted to read our new office guidance notes which must be read and understood before visiting. Further information can be found on our office location web pages.
We have also created a Know Your Rights page which has all the latest information surrounding your legal rights amidst the Coronavirus outbreak.
Cartwright King also promotes remote working, so we can provide you with the same excellent service outside of our office locations.