DVSA (VOSA) Examiners have the power to:
- Inspect vehicles;
- Stop vehicles on the public highway and, in certain circumstances enter vehicles and premises;
- Prohibit the use of vehicles;
- Inspect Operating Centres;
- Prohibit further movement of vehicles where the driver has infringed tachograph and drives' hours regulations;
- Investigate an operator's service and maintenance systems and record- keeping;
- Require the production of documents and records;
- Investigate potential breaches of regulations; and
- Initiate, conduct and appear in proceedings at a magistrates' court.
Enforcement action can and often does impact on your OCRS score. Amber scores can lead to a call-in to Public Inquiry: red score will always lead to a call-in to Public Inquiry. Criminal proceedings may also follow. It is essential that immediate advice and assistance is obtained to enable you to manage any DVSA enforcement action and your response.