We’re here to be your calm in the storm, to consider your case and reach the best conclusion for you, carefully and methodically.
But we also understand that sometimes you need help now. That’s why we have an emergency advice service open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, if you need help now, click below and we’ll be by your side.Get help now Or click here for non-urgent help
Head of Finance
• Preparing fixed fee claims to be uploaded on to CCMS;
• Drafting 3 column bills to be assessed by the Court;
• Preparing bundles to accompany bills and submitting them to Court;
• Liaising with counsel’s chambers in order to obtain fee notes for counsel;
• Liaising with experts in order to obtain possible missing disbursements;
• Liaising with fee earners and addressing any concerns which may be identified whilst preparing a bill;
• Undertaking post-assessment work such as completion of EX80A and EX80B forms;
• Discharging Legal Aid Funding certificates;
• Uploading documents to CCMS in a timely manner as per LAA requests;
• Responding to any online queries sent by the LAA;
• Providing advice to fee earners regarding current costs limitations;
• Dealing with any rejected claims;
• Preparing appeals for any reductions/rejections where appropriate.
• At least 1 years experience working either in-house or for an external supplier of cost drafting services;
• Knowledge of Legal Aid only claims;
• Knowledge of Bills of Costs for submission to the court;
• Knowledge of preparing claims for costs through the CCMS online portal;
• Competent computer literacy skills;
• Ability to work in pressurised and highly motivated team environment;
• Able to demonstrate the ability of working with your own initiative with minimal supervision;
• Ability to respond appropriately to rapid changes in working schedules and priorities;
• Excellent communication skills with individuals at all levels;
• Committed and hardworking;
• Advantageous but not essential; knowledge of High Cost Case Plans, both hourly rates and events based plans;
• Advantageous but not essential; knowledge of working with “Costs Mater” software.
• Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed;
• A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
• A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence;
• Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work.
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you meet the required skills and experience and would like to apply for the role, please email your cover letter and CV using the submission form.