We’re here to be your calm in the storm, to consider your case and reach the best conclusion for you, carefully and methodically.
But we also understand that sometimes you need help now. That’s why we have an emergency advice service open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, if you need help now, click below and we’ll be by your side.Get help now Or click here for non-urgent help
Paralegal (Regulatory/Police Law)
Regulatory and Professional Discipline/Police Law
Head of Regulatory and Professional Discipline/Head of Police Law
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients come first. We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forwarding thinking employer offering the flexibility and opportunity to progress your career.
We provide high quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines including: Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring and Road Transport, Family & Divorce, Child Care, Mediation, Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline and Immigration.
• Supporting fee earners dealing with clients, witnesses, prosecution, courts and third parties both face to face, on the telephone and in writing
• Drafting/completing legal aid applications and monitoring progress
• Taking instructions from clients and witnesses
• File opening and on going file maintenance
• Dealing with case documents electronically
• Preparation of court bundles
• Closing and archiving old case files
• Drafting letters, preparation of file notes, telephones notes and other correspondence;
• Drafting court documents
• Diary management to include arranging appointments, client meetings
• Attending meetings with fee earners and taking notes;
• Scanning post and other documents to case management system and filing;
• Collating enclosures for post;
• Liaising with the accounts team to process payments and assist with interim billing;
• Performing other office duties as required
• Working knowledge of office equipment;
• Proficiency in MS office (Excel, Word, Outlook in particular);
• A keen interest in this area of law and a commitment to the highest level of client care and service.
• Office administration within a legal environment
• Legal research;
• Managing a busy workload;
• Previous paralegal experience an advantage;
• Use of case management software would be advantageous;
• Use of the Legal Aid Agency portal, CCMS an advantage
In return we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. We offer a friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you meet the required skills and experience and would like to apply for the role, please email your cover letter and CV using the submission form. Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.
Applications without both documents will not be considered.