We’re here to be your calm in the storm, to consider your case and reach the best conclusion for you, carefully and methodically.
But we also understand that sometimes you need help now. That’s why we have an emergency advice service open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, if you need help now, click below and we’ll be by your side.Get help now Or click here for non-urgent help
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Head of Finance
• Assisting with management of the PL function;
• Monitoring of the purchase ledger inbox;
• Submitting invoices for authorisation;
• Processing invoice data and ensuring accurate nominal allocation and creditor’s ledger;
• Liaising with departmental managers to resolve queries and discrepancies in a timely manner;
• Dealing with internal and external supplier telephone calls and emails;
• Processing of credit card expenses and monthly reconciliation;
• Preparing BACs and cheque payments to suppliers;
• Petty cash requisition and processing;
• Processing of monthly accruals and prepayments;
• Assisting other members of the accounts department with ad hoc duties and providing cover during periods of leave as and when required.
• Ideally 3-4 years experience in a purchase ledger role;
• Ability to use initiative to resolve queries;
• Can liaise with suppliers in a polite and professional manner and maintain supplier relationships whilst adhering to our credit terms;
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a high pressure, high volume environment whilst retaining accuracy, attention to detail and professionalism;
• Proficient IT skills, with knowledge of excel advantageous but not essential;
• Confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills;
• Maintaining confidentiality.
• Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed;
• A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
• A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence;
• Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work.
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you meet the required skills and experience and would like to apply for the role, please email your cover letter and CV using the submission form.