Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
Message us
Get a call back


Court of Protection


The Court of Protection can appoint a Deputy when somebody is no longer able to look after their affairs for themselves. The application is made by a third party when they believe the person has already lost capacity to manage their own affairs. As with Lasting Powers of Attorney there are two different kinds of deputyship – health and welfare and property and affairs (deputies).

The Court order will set out a Deputy’s specific powers and the Deputy is supervised by the Office of Public Guardian.

Any person over the age of 18 can be a Deputy. The Court will consider whether someone is suitable to act as a Deputy when considering the appointment.

We're here for you.