Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

Immigration Solicitors


Cartwright King deals with personal and business immigration cases. UK immigration rules are constantly changing, which is why our immigration solicitors provide you informed, uncomplex legal guidance to ensure your matter is resolved efficiently and effectively.

Our specialist immigration solicitors stay up to date with the latest UK immigration rules and have decades of experience dealing with the Home Office. You benefit from our legal know-how to help you navigate the UK’s complex immigration system.

For help with your UK immigration matter, get in touch with our specialist solicitors today.

Important UK Immigration Information for 2021

Following the end of free movement between the EU and UK from 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals – including EU nationals (excluding citizens of Ireland) – require a visa for UK entry.

If you or your family member(s) are a citizen(s) of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for the free EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

The EU Settlement Scheme exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the UK. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme, you will need a visa to live, work or study in the UK.

If your UK based business is looking to hire EU and non-EU staff, you will need a Sponsorship Licence to issue Certificates of Sponsorships to enable you to hire Skilled Workers. The UK Skilled Worker visa route replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa program on 1 December 2020.

Amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to a one of the specialist Cartwright King UK immigration solicitors today for advice on the new immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

How Cartwright King Can Help You with UK Immigration Matters

Navigating the complexities of UK immigration law requires a specialist Cartwright King solicitor. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is always looking for reasons to refuse personal and business immigration applications, which is why having the right legal advice and assistance with the paperwork is key to a successful application without any immigration issues.

Our immigration solicitors can also help with…

  • Right to rent checks – landlords
  • Home Office compliance and illegal working prevention
  • Civil enforcement notices
  • Business premises site visits
  • EU Settlement Scheme applications

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

Whether you’re making a personal immigration application to live, study or work in the UK or you’re a British employer looking to hire a non-UK national for a job role, you can benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a one of the specialist Cartwright King UK Immigration Solicitors.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK immigration rules, getting the right immigration advice and guidance for you or your business means that you need to speak to a specialist attorney.

For immediate assistance, call us or email us for your free* initial discussion. It is completely informal and confidential and is an opportunity for us to:

● Get to know you and your situation
● Agree on what to do next

*This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King’s Immigration Solicitors?

We understand that there’s a lot at stake when it comes to UK immigration matters. Securing immigration to the UK is your pathway to a new life, living, studying, working, reuniting with family in the UK, or escaping turmoil in your home country.

Or, the immigration system is crucial to accessing the skilled workers you need to grow your business. Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand, and we care about the outcome of your case.

That’s why we’re committed to settling your UK immigration matter successfully with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.

Our Immigration Fees

We will conduct an initial enquiry about your case with you without charge to confirm that it is a matter we can help with. This will typically involve a short telephone conversation with you. Please feel free to call us or email us using the contact form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer Legal Aid to fund your Immigration case. However, we can offer a fixed fee service for private paying individuals.

Click below for more information on our Immigration fees.

Arrow Link Immigration Fees

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

This is one of the questions that doesn’t have just one answer, as there are several things that determine what kind of visa you need to apply for. Those include:

  • your country of origin
  • your reason for coming to the UK
  • the time period you are planning on staying in the UK
  • your personal circumstances and skills.

For example, if you have secured a job in the UK, you will need a Skilled Worker visa.

To discuss your immigration options and what kind of visa will be the best for you to apply for, you should get in touch with one of Cartwright King Immigration Lawyers.

There are dozens of different visas that you can apply for. Some of the most common ones include:

Family Visa – if you have a family member with permanent UK citizenship, and you are planning on staying with them for more than six months, you’ll need a family visa. If you are planning on staying less than six months, you might need a standard visitor visa.

Ancestry Visa – if one of your grandparents has British citizenship and you want to live or work in the UK, you’ll need to apply for this visa. After being approved, you can stay in the UK for five years.

Transit Visa – if you are travelling to another country and you need to, for example, have a layover in the UK that is longer than 24 hours, you are required to have this visa.

Tier 1 Visa – If you’re a non-UK national seeking to invest in the UK, securing a Tier 1 Investor Visa for UK entry is potentially your pathway to securing a major investment, and potentially settlement and British Citizenship in the UK.

Study Visa – depending on the duration of the course you wish to pursue while being in the UK, there are a few different subtypes of student visas you can apply for. For instance, if you want to complete a short course, no longer than six months, and you are over the age of 18, you can apply for a short-term study visa (in some instances, it can be extended to 11 months).

Skilled Worker Visa – If you’re a non-UK national with a job offer in the UK, the Skilled Worker program is now the main visa entry route for EU and non-EU workers. The new Visa has different qualifying criteria to the Tier 2 (General) visa and has a very strict criteria.

Unfortunately, not everyone who applies will be granted a visa. There are several things that affect a person’s eligibility. Here are some of them:

  • if you can prove that your entrance to the UK will not be harmful to the country or its residents, but it will be productive
  • if you can prove your qualification to obtain a visa
  • if you have a valid passport – for at least six months
  • if you can prove that you have financial resources to support yourself and those coming with you for the duration of your stay
  • Visa applicants should undergo a medical examination to acquire a clean bill of health
  • Visa applicants cannot be involved in any criminal activity at the time of the application
  • Visa applicants might be asked to attend a face-to-face interview before they receive a visa.

The fee you pay will depend on the type of UK visa you’re applying for. However, for some UK visa applications, there are some mandatory fees, including the £624 per year Immigration Health Surcharge.

For more information on UK immigration fees, get in touch with Cartwright King immigration solicitors.

As of 1 January 2021, all UK employers need a Sponsor Licence to hire EU and non-EU workers. A Sponsor Licence comes with a list of duties that you must comply with to avoid breaching UK immigration rules and compliance duties. Every non-UK national that you hire is subject to the Immigration Skills Charge fee.

To discuss hiring non-UK nationals, get in touch with an experienced Cartwright King Business Immigration Lawyer, now.