Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

Spouse Visa Solicitors



If your spouse, unmarried partner or civil partner is a UK citizen, or is settled in Britain, and you are currently living overseas, Cartwright King’s spouse visa solicitors can help you apply for a Spouse, Unmarried Partner or Civil Partner visa to join them in the UK. Benefit from our years of experience of dealing with UKVI to secure your visa.

Get in touch with our dedicated spouse visa solicitors for immediate advice.

How Cartwright King’s Visas and Immigration Solicitors Can Help

The qualifying criteria for UK spouse and partner visas is very strict. Any error on an application could result in delays or visa refusal. 

That is why our meticulous Immigration Lawyers work with you to ensure that your application is accurate and sufficiently evidenced to give it the best possible chance of approval by the Home Office. 

Cartwright King can help with:

  • Compiling documents to support your spouse or partner visa application 
  • Drafting statements
  • Spouse or partner visa application document checking
  • Advising on, preparing and submitting your application to the Home Office
  • Applying for residence under the EU Settlement Scheme*

Important Spouse and Partner Visa Information for 2021

Following the end of free movement between the EU and UK from 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals, including EU nationals (excluding citizens of Ireland), require a visa for UK entry. This applies to spouse, unmarried partner and civil partner visa applicants.

*If your spouse or partner is a citizen of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for making an application for residence under the EU Settlement Scheme. 

The EU Settlement Scheme exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the country. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for residence under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will require a visa to join your spouse or partner in the UK.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to a specialist Cartwright King spouse visa solicitor today for advice on the new immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

To discuss your UK spouse or partner visa options, benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a specialist Cartwright King UK Spouse and Partner Visa Lawyer. There is no substitute for talking to our Immigration Team to ensure that you get the latest advice and guidance.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK visa rules, Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex UK immigration system.

For immediate UK spouse and partner visa assistance, call us or email us for your free** initial discussion. 

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

**This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King for UK Spouse and Partner Visa Application Advice?

We understand that there is a lot at stake when it comes to making a UK spouse or partner visa application. Securing a UK spouse or partner visa enables you to join the person you love and begin a new life together in Britain.

Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand and we care about the outcome of your case. That’s why we are committed to successfully securing your UK spouse or partner visa with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.  

We are a trusted, resourceful Legal 500 top tier law firm with specialist spouse visa lawyers that are calm under pressure, giving you peace of mind that we’re the right law firm to help you resolve your UK spouse or partner visa requirements.

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

To qualify for a UK spouse/civil partner/unmarried partner visa, you must satisfy several criteria. The criteria you satisfy at the time of your initial application will determine whether you can then apply for UK settlement within five years or 10 years.

To satisfy the requirements to apply for UK settlement after five years, you must be able to meet all suitability criteria, including: relationship criteria, immigration status criteria, financial criteria and English language criteria.

If you are unable to meet the requirements for settlement after five years, but you satisfy some of the suitability requirements, you can still obtain a visa, but you won’t be able to apply for settlement until you have been in Britain for 10 years.

The essential criteria you must meet to obtain a visa, includes:

  • Meeting the suitability requirements
  • You and your spouse/partner being over 18
  • Not being closely related to your partner 
  • You must have met your partner in person
  • You and your partner are in a genuine marriage, civil partnership or relationship 
  • If married, you were free to marry
  • You intend to live together permanently in the UK
  • Your British-based partner meets minimum income requirements 
  • You can speak and understand English to the required level

No. You cannot apply for a UK spouse or partner visa while in the country on a visit visa. A spouse or partner visa application can only be made outside of the UK.

Yes. You can take up employment in the UK without any restrictions.