Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

Skilled Worker Visa



Specialist Skilled Worker Visa Application Advice

If you’re a non-UK national with a job offer in the UK, Cartwright King can help you secure the Skilled Worker Visa you will need for UK entry. Our specialist Immigration Lawyers ensure that you get the latest advice to give your application the best chance of approval by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

Get in touch with our experienced Skilled Worker Visa Lawyers now, for specialist advice.

How Cartwright King’s Experienced Tier 2 Visa Lawyers Can Help

The criteria for Tier 2 Visas is very strict. Any error on your application could result in delays or visa refusal. Our experienced Immigration Lawyers work with you to ensure that your application is accurate and watertight. We have years of experience of dealing with UKVI, and securing visas. We can help with:

  • Skilled Worker visas
  • Intra-Company Transfer visas
  • Sponsorship Licences for UK companies
  • Compliance duties for companies
  • Home Office worksite visits for companies
  • T2 Minister of Religion 
  • T2 Sportsperson
  • Assistance with the Sponsor Management System (SMS) as an authorised Level 1 or Level 2 user

Important Skilled Worker Visa Information for 2021

The Skilled Worker Visa route replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa on 1 December, 2020. The Skilled Worker program is now the main visa entry route for EU and non-EU workers with a UK job offer. The new Visa has different qualifying criteria to the Tier 2 (General) visa. Please contact Cartwright King for details.

If you are a healthcare worker with a job offer in the UK, you could be eligible for the Health and Care visa. For more information on this visa, please call a specialist Cartwright King Immigration Lawyer.

EU Settlement Scheme

Following the end of free movement between the EU and the UK from 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals – including EU nationals (excluding citizens of Ireland) – require a visa for UK work purposes. 

If you, or your family member(s) are a citizen(s) of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for the free EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). 

The EUSS exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the country. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme you will need a visa to live, work or study in the UK.

If you are a British business looking to recruit EU and non-EU staff, you will need a Sponsorship Licence to enable you to hire Skilled Workers in the UK. 

Amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to a specialist Cartwright King UK visa lawyer today for advice on the new immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

Changes to the worker routes as part of the UK’s post-Brexit immigration system, means that getting the right advice is crucial to helping you avoid delays in your application and refusal. To discuss your UK Skilled Worker Visa options, benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a specialist Cartwright King Skilled Worker Visa Solicitor.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK visa rules, Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex UK immigration system.

For immediate Tier 2  visa assistance, call us or email us for your free* initial discussion. 

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

*This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King for Skilled Worker Visa Application Advice?

We understand that there’s a lot at stake when it comes to making a UK Skilled Worker Visa application. Securing a Skilled Worker Visa is potentially your pathway to securing your dream job.

Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand and we care about the outcome of your case. That’s why we’re committed to settling your Skilled Worker Visa matter successfully with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.  

We’re a trusted, resourceful Legal 500 Top Tier law firm with specialist solicitors that are calm under pressure, giving you peace of mind that we’re the right law firm to help you resolve your Skilled Worker Visa requirements.

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

The Skilled Worker Visa replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa on 1 December 2020, forming part of the UK’s post-Brexit immigration system, which officially launched on 1 January 2021. A Skilled Worker Visa grants eligible applicants, and their families, UK entry to work in a skilled job role for up to five years.

After five years, the visa can be renewed, or alternatively, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain – otherwise known as permanent residence.

You can only apply online. How you apply depends on whether you’re applying from outside of the UK, inside the UK and looking to extend your current visa or inside the UK and switching to this visa from a different UK visa (if applicable).

The application process can be confusing. Get in touch with Cartwright King to get help with your application.

To hire any non-UK national, including EU citizens from 1 January 2021, you will need a UKVI Sponsor Licence to issue Certificates of Sponsorship. You must be hiring an overseas worker for a skilled job role with a minimum salary of £25,600 (a lower salary rate can be paid subject to separate qualifying criteria).

For help applying for a Sponsorship Licence, get in touch with a Cartwright King Immigration Lawyer, now.