Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

T5 Youth Mobility Visa



If you’re a young national of specific countries wanting to experience life in the UK, Cartwright King can help you get the entry clearance you need. Our specialist Immigration Team can help you secure a UK T5 Visa for the Youth Mobility Scheme, granting you entry to the UK for up to two years. 

We can also help with other T5 Temporary Worker categories. If you have a job offer in seasonal work, charity work, the creative or sporting industries, religious work, or you have been authorised for a government exchange or international program, we can help you secure the right visa for you.

Get in touch with our experienced Cartwright King Immigration team today, for help applying.

Eligible Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (T5) Countries 

You must be a national, or rightful passport holder, of one of the following countries and meet certain criteria to qualify for a UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (T5):

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan
  • Or you must be a British Overseas Citizen, British Overseas Territories Citizen or British National (Overseas), as defined by the British Nationality Act 1981 and must provide a valid passport to show this to be the case
  • You must be sponsored by your country of citizenship or the territory of which you are a rightful passport holder
  • You must have at least £2,530 in savings

How Cartwright King Can Help with T5 Temporary Worker Visas 

Getting the right advice for your T5 Youth Mobility Scheme – or another T5 Temporary Worker Visa application – is crucial to securing UK Visas and Immigration approval. 

Our experienced Immigration Lawyers work with you to ensure that your application is accurate and watertight. Benefit from our years of experience of dealing with the Home Office.

We can help with:

  • Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) applications
  • T5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa
  • T5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting) visa
  • T5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) visa
  • T5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) visa

Important T5 Visa Information for 2021

From 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals – including EU citizens (except citizens of Ireland) will need a UK visa to take up seasonal work in Britain.

If you, or your family member(s) are a citizen(s) of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for the free EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). 

The EUSS exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the country. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme you will need a visa to work temporarily in the UK.

If you are looking to hire EU and non-EU staff for seasonal work, you will need a Temporary Worker Sponsorship Licence, which will enable you to hire temporary, non-UK workers.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to the specialist Cartwright King Immigration Team today for advice on the new UK immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

Changes to UK visa rules as part of the UK’s post-Brexit immigration system, means that getting the right advice is crucial to helping you avoid delays in your application and refusal. To discuss your UK T5 Visa options, benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a specialist Cartwright King T5 Visa Lawyer.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK visa rules, Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex UK immigration system.

For immediate T5  Visa assistance, contact us today for your free* initial discussion. 

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

*This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King for Temporary Worker Visa Application Advice?

We understand that there’s a lot at stake when it comes to making a UK Temporary Worker Visa application. Securing a T5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa is potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience life in the UK.

Or, securing a Temporary Work visa is your opportunity to get involved in a charitable cause or pursue your creative/sporting passion in the UK.

Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand and we care about the outcome of your case. That’s why we’re committed to settling your Temporary Worker Visa matter successfully with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.  

We’re a trusted, resourceful Legal 500 Top Tier law firm with specialist solicitors that are calm under pressure, giving you peace of mind that we’re the right law firm to help you resolve your T5 Visa requirements.

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

A UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) allows you to:

  • Study in the UK – for some courses you will need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
  • Work in most jobs
  • Be self-employed and start a company, provided that any business premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you don’t hire any employees

A UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) is valid for two years. The visa cannot be extended once it expires, but it’s possible to switch to another visa category if you’re eligible.

Yes. A Sponsor Licence is required to hire non-EU – and EU nationals from 1 January 2021 – for temporary work assignments. However, a Certificate of Sponsorship is not required for applicants of the T5 Youth Mobility Scheme.

To discuss applying for a Sponsor Licence, get in touch with Cartwright King’s dedicated Immigration Team, now.