Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

Fiancé Visa



If your fiancé is a UK citizen or holds UK settled status, and you are living overseas, Cartwright King can help you apply for a UK fiancé visa to have you join them in the UK and get married. With UK visa rules constantly changing, getting the right advice is crucial. Benefit from our years of experience of dealing with the Home Office.

Get in touch with our specialist fiancé visa lawyers, for up to date advice.

How Cartwright King’s UK Fiancé Visa Lawyers Can Help

The qualifying criteria for securing a UK fiancé visa is very strict. Any error on an application could result in delays or visa refusal. That is why our meticulous Immigration Lawyers work with you to ensure that your application is accurate and sufficiently evidenced to give it the best possible chance of approval by UKVI

Cartwright King can help with 

  • Compiling documents to support your application 
  • Drafting statements
  • Application document checking
  • Advising about, preparing and submitting your application to UKVI

Important UK Fiancé Visa Information for 2021

Following the end of free movement between the EU and UK from 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals – including EU nationals (excluding citizens of Ireland) – require a visa for UK entry. This applies to fiancé visa applicants.

If your fiancé is a citizen of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for making an application for residence under the EU Settlement Scheme. 

The EU Settlement Scheme exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the country. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for residence under the EU Settlement Scheme, a visa is required for you to join your fiancé in the UK.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to a specialist Cartwright King UK solicitor today for advice on the new immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

To discuss your visa options, benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a specialist Cartwright King immigration lawyer, or email us using the contact form below. There is no substitute for talking to our Immigration Team to ensure that you get the latest advice and guidance.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK visa rules, Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex UK immigration system.

For immediate UK fiancé visa assistance, call us or email us for your free* initial discussion. 

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

*This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King for UK Fiancé Visa Application Advice?

We understand that there is a lot at stake when it comes to making a visa application. Securing a UK fiancé visa enables you to get married and start life together in Britain.

Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand and we care about the outcome of your case. That’s why we’re committed to successfully securing your visa with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.  

We’re a trusted, resourceful Legal 500 top tier law firm with specialist solicitors that are calm under pressure, giving you peace of mind that we’re the right law firm to help you resolve your visa requirements.

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

To qualify for a UK fiancé visa, the following requirements must be satisfied:

  • Your partner must be a British citizen or hold UK indefinite leave to remain status
  • You and your overseas partner must both be over 18
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live permanently in the UK
  • You have met in person
  • You intend to marry your UK-based partner within six months of arriving in the UK
  • You have the funds to support yourself in the UK without relying on public funds
  • You have accommodation for you, your fiancé and any dependents
  • You can speak and understand English

No. You cannot apply for a UK fiancé visa while in the country on a visit visa. An application can only be made outside of the UK.

You are prohibited from working on a UK fiancé visa. If you take up employment or become self-employed, you will be violating the conditions of your fiancé visa.