Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

UK Student Visa Lawyers



Specialist Tier 4 Student Visa Application Advice

If you want to study in the UK, or you’re a parent wanting to send your child to a fee paying school in the UK, our specialist Immigration Solicitors can help you apply for the Student Visa that you will need. We ensure that you get the right advice to give your application the best possible chance of approval by UK Visas and Immigration.

Get in touch with Cartwright King’s dedicated Immigration Team, now.

How Cartwright King’s Experienced Student Visa Lawyers Can Help

The qualifying criteria for a Student Visa is very strict and the paperwork can be confusing. Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers will work with you to guide you through the paperwork and ensure its accuracy. We have years of experience of dealing with the Home Office and a high success rate for securing visas.

We can help with:

  • Student Visa applications
  • Child Student Visa applications (4 – 17 year olds)
  • Sponsor Licences – for schools, colleges and universities 

Important Information for Student Visa Applications in 2021

Following the end of free movement between the EU and the UK from 1 January 2021, all non-UK nationals – including EU nationals (excluding citizens of Ireland) – require a visa for UK entry. This applies to Student and Child Student Visa applicants.

If you, or your family member(s) are a citizen(s) of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and started living in the UK prior to 1 January 2021, you could be eligible for the free EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). 

The EUSS exempts you from needing a UK visa to remain in the country. You have up until 30 June 2021 to apply for the scheme.

If you do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme you will need a visa to study in the UK.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, entry to the UK is subject to the current government guidelines.

Speak to a specialist Cartwright King Solicitor today for advice on the new immigration rules and coronavirus entry restrictions.

Benefit from a Free, Initial Telephone Consultation

Getting the right advice when making a Student Visa application is crucial to helping avoid delays or your visa being refused. To discuss your options, benefit from a free, initial telephone call with a specialist Cartwright King Student Visa Solicitor.

Amid the coronavirus pandemic and ever-changing UK visa rules, Cartwright King’s specialist Immigration Lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex UK immigration system.

For immediate assistance, contact us for your free* initial discussion. 

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

*This call will allow us to make an initial assessment of your case and the visa options available to you, no detailed advice will be provided.

Why Choose Cartwright King for Application Advice?

We understand that there’s a lot at stake when it comes to making a UK Student Visa application. Securing a Visa is potentially your pathway to securing a place at a UK college or university.

Or, as a parent, the Child Student Visa is a route to giving your child the best education and start in life by enrolling them in a UK fee paying school. 

Whatever your circumstances, we listen, we understand and we care about the outcome of your case. That’s why we’re committed to settling your Student Visa matter successfully with professional, sensible legal advice and sure guidance.  

We’re a trusted, resourceful Legal 500 Top Tier law firm with specialist solicitors that are calm under pressure, giving you peace of mind that we’re the right law firm to help you resolve your Visa requirements.

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

  • You must be aged 16 or over – parental consent required for 16 and 17 year olds, evidence of which must be provided. 16 and 17 year olds looking to attend an independent school in the UK can apply for the Child Student Visa instead
  • You must have been offered a place on a course by a licenced student sponsor
  • You must have enough money to support yourself and the cost of your course during your stay in the UK
  • You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English

The Child Student Visa is reserved for minors aged 4 – 17 for study at an independent school in the UK. Eligibility for this visa includes:

  • Having an unconditional offer or place on a course at an independent school in the UK
  • Evidence of enough funds to support a child’s study and stay in the UK
  • Consent of a parent or guardian for a child to study in Britain

The validity of a the Visa depends on your age on the date that you apply and the length of your course.

For under 16s, a Child Student Visa is valid for up to six years, depending on course length, and up to four months once a course of study is complete.

For 16 – 17 year olds on a Child Student visa, validity is up to three years,  depending on course length, and up to four months once a course of study is complete.

If you’re 18 or over and you’re taking a degree level course, a Student visa is valid for up to five years. If your course is below degree level, your visa will be valid for up to two years.

UK Student visas can be extended, or you can switch from this visa to another UK visa if you’re eligible.