In response the urgent needs of our clients’ Cartwright King is offering a support package to help employers navigate their way through the employment law issues that have arisen as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
New employment law has never been made at such speed but that does not mean existing employment legislation has been shelved. Far from it. If you need to furlough or lay off staff let us help you act quickly whilst avoiding major pitfalls including:
- Claims from employees for breaches of contracts and unfair dismissal;
- Discrimination claims under the Equality Act 2010;
- Claims for protective awards for failing to consult when 20+ employees are to be made redundant.
- Claims for failure to pay the National Minimum Wage if you decide to furlough and not top up the 80% grant offered by the Government;
- Falling foul of the stringent anti-fraud measures the Chancellor promises to bring in relation to furlough pay.
The fixed fee support package includes up to 3 hours of legal advice from our employer lawyers and any of the following 4 template letters:
- Letter to furlough employees;
- Letter about change of terms and conditions;
- Letter notifying employees they are at risk of redundancy;
- Letter confirming selection for redundancy;
The cost of the fixed fee is £750 plus VAT. Please contact employment lawyers Deborah Scales on or Philip Pearson here for further details.
If you have any further queries around the above topic or otherwise, contact the firm here.