Saturday 10th October is World Mental Health Day. The World Federation of Mental Health will be marking this occasion by raising awareness of what can be done to make sure those with mental health problems can live in dignity.
By confronting the stigma that surrounds mental health problems, the World Federation of Mental Health hopes to challenge this through ‘Fundamental Facts’ that intends to break down barriers and focuses on prevention.
Did you know that:
- One in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year.
- 10% of children and young people have a clinically diagnosable mental health problem.
- In 2013, 6,233 suicides were recorded in the UK for people aged 15 & over. 78% were male. 22% were female.
- 50% of women with perinatal mental health problems are not identified or treated.
- In the UK, 70million days are lost from work each year due to mental ill-health making it the leading cause of sickness.
- 5 key factors that affect mental health and wellbeing of older people, these were: discrimination, participation in meaningful activities, relationships, physical health and poverty.
Please help the World Federation of Mental Health spread the word, fight the stigma and share the Fundamental Facts on social media.
Cartwright King has a specialist team of mental health solicitors. We take a clear and client focused approach to each case working with sensitivity and understanding. For further information, please contact Rebecca Charlesworth on 0115 958 7444 or email email@example.com.