Sharad Buddhdev is part of the Business Defence team at Cartwright King specialising in Fraud, Tax and Account Freezing Orders (AFO's). He also has experience in representing clients seeking private prosecutions and representation at tax tribunals. Sharad can fluently read, write and speak Gujarati and can also communicate in Hindi, Welsh and French.
He has been recognised as a 'Rising Star' in the The Legal 500 2024 rankings for general crime and fraud in the East Midlands, with the East Midlands office ranking as 'Tier 1 Firm', the highest ranking obtainable.
Sharad joined Cartwright King in 2018 and has extensive experience in Business Defence and Criminal Law having been employed as a lawyer and head of Crown Court for ten years at one of the largest criminal practices in South Wales. He has been practising law for nearly 15 years.
He is primarily based at the firm’s Nottingham head office but able to attend any of our nationwide offices if required.
He is also vastly experienced in representing clients on a variety of general crime matters and offences such as murder, firearms, drugs, sexual and violent offences.
He has a large connection network of experts in forensic accountancy, forensic science, drug education training research, pathology, medical and many other expertise sectors to call upon in order to provide his clients with the best service.
Sharad is also a qualified Accredited Police Station Representative (APSR) which enables him to represent clients subject to interviews under caution nationwide.
He provides a high level of quality and professional service to all his clients whether it be a legally aided matter or privately funded matter. There are many instances where he goes above and beyond what would ordinarily be required in order to ensure that his clients receive a high quality service and best possible result.
Sharad can fluently read, write and speak Gujarati and can also communicate in Hindi, Welsh and French which enables him to communicate with a wide range of clients nationwide.
In his spare time, Sharad is a very passionate football supporter who follows his beloved Manchester United. He is also a keen cricket and Formula 1 fan. He has a passion for cars and latest gadgets. He also enjoys running and cycle. He also acts as a volunteer for the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), which is a world-wide spiritual, volunteer-driven Hindu organisation dedicated to improving society through individual growth by fostering the Hindu ideals of faith, unity, and selfless service.
Read what our clients have said about working with Sharad:
RecommendTrustpilot (November 2023)Sharad came as a recommendation from another solicitor and I am hugely grateful that he was. The advice, support and professionalism was reassuring at time when I was at a loss for support. I required Sharad for a POCA case where I was a 3rd Party and feeling somewhat persecuted by the prosecution, Sharad provide the necessary legal knowledge (backed up by hard work) I needed to navigate the legal system. The end result was favorable and Sharad's performance was excellent. I would certainly contact Sharad again and can recommend him to anyone that requires his level of expertise.Andrew Buglass
- R v I (2021) – A Proceeds of Crime case at Bolton Crown Court where Sharad represented this client. The Prosecution were seeking a confiscation order in excess of £300,000 with additional tainted gift payments that in the region of £150,000 that the client would have been liable for. The client was at real risk to losing her family home and having a large confiscation order imposed upon her, which in reality would have resulted in her being sent to prison for a default period of time. Concisely drafted section 17 responses and legal arguments prepared by Sharad resulted in the Prosecution back tracking in relation to their stance on confiscation and tainted gifts and ended up discontinuing the proceedings against the client. A result which meant that her family home was saved, she did not bear a huge confiscation debt and avoided any potential default period of imprisonment being imposed.
- R v M (2020) – National Health Care (NHS) fraud case at Leeds Crown Court whereby the Prosecution were alleging that the client, a NHS professional had defrauded the NHS service into providing funds for personal expenditure. A carefully defended case whereby Sharad attended interviews under caution with the client and these were followed up in court following charge by written representations containing evidence and legal arguments whereby the Prosecution decided to take no further action on the matter. The client was at risk of being struck off by the General Medical Counsel (GMC) if the matter had led to a criminal conviction.
- R v F (2020) – A contested cash seizure case at Manchester Magistrates Court involving over £200,000 of cash seized. Carefully drafted evidence and legal arguments along with witness statements which resulted in evidence being presented at Court resulted in a successful defence and return of the monies to our client.
- R v I (2020) – A Proceeds of Crime case at Nottingham Crown Court. The Prosecution were alleging a benefit figure of £250,000 and available assets of £200,000. Following a thorough defence put forward, Sharad was able to persuade the Courts to reduce the overall benefit £57,000 and available assets to £50,000. This resulted in the client being in a position to satisfy the order in full without having to sell his family home, business premises and vehicles but most importantly he avoided a 15 month period of imprisonment.
- R v W (2020) – Successful Firearms Licence appeal case at Birmingham Crown Court. The Police had initially refused to grant the client a firearms licence based on previous convictions and alleged conduct towards neighbours. It was very important for the client to be granted a licence as it was imperative as part of his employment. If refused by the Court he would have lost his employment. Successful appeal following a full day hearing and evidence being called which resulting in the reinstating/granting of the licence which enabled him to continue his employment and safe guarded shoot activities involving firearms.
What our clients are saying about us
Chet Desai is amazingChet Desai is amazing. Great support and advice. He even attended a meeting with me at very last minute. Highly recommend
Great help with the ILR applicationSherena Lawrence has provided excellent support throughout my application for Indefinite Leave to Remain. At every step of the process, she explained in detail what needed to be done. Sherena ... Read more Great help with the ILR application
RecommendSharad came as a recommendation from another solicitor and I am hugely grateful that he was. The advice, support and professionalism was reassuring at time when I was at a ... Read more Recommend
Absolutely amazingHonestly, amazing experience with our lawyer Sherena Lawrence. Very professional, knows her stuff, kept us updated instantly, kept us feeling prioritised. We had a positive outcome of our case and ... Read more Absolutely amazing
Fantastic, friendly serviceWas in need of a criminal defence solicitor recently , I contacted Cartwright King via there website and received a call from James within hours , visited the office the ... Read more Fantastic, friendly service
GreatIf you are looking for a family child care firm then I would most definitely recommend Cartwright King. Fiona Bowen was great with communication both via emails and phone calls. ... Read more Great
Professional but Human!Leanne was a pleasure to deal with despite the nature of my case. Leanne and her team were amazing both in court and out of court. Communication between Leanne and ... Read more Professional but Human!
Best choiceHaving done my research and reading reviews I decided on Cartwright King. I am so glad I did. The best decision I made. Communication with James started straight away he ... Read more Best choice
Caring and ProfessionalAbbie gave clear and honest advice on my case and helped lift some of the burden. A most pleasant and caring solicitor.
Here to help. Contact Sharad.
Sharad and all the team at Cartwright King are dedicated to helping you. If you need help, contact Sharad by email using this form or using the details below: