Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Nottingham, with travel to other offices if and when required
Job Type: Full-time (35 hours)
Annual Salary: £18,000
Reporting to: Management Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for an accounts assistant to join our finance team. This is a varied role based in our Nottingham office and is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to a wide range of finance activities.
Cartwright King is a national law firm, delivering the highest quality legal advice and representation to clients across the country. We are one of the fastest growing firms, with offices across the UK.
We provide a wide range of legal services to both private and publically funded individuals. Our clients are at the centre of everything we do, which is why we aim to attract and retain only the most ambitious, professional and dedicated individuals.
- Process transactions to the accounting system.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Daily processing of inter account transfers to and from office and client accounts at the end of each working day
- Processing of weekly remittances
- Assisting with the smooth running of the transactional finance team by assisting team members at periods of high volume or in times of leave.
- Providing Ad hoc assistance to the revenue team when required.
- Ability to use initiative to resolve queries with the ability to escalate to a more senior team member where necessary.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a high volume environment whilst retaining accuracy, attention to detail and professionalism
- Excel/Word skills
- Keen attitude to work and happy to undertake ad hoc projects and tasks
- Minimum of one years experience in a previous accounts role
What can we offer you
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence
- Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to Recruitment@cartwrightking.co.uk. Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.