Position(s): Duty Solicitor
Location: Leicester and any other geographically reasonable locations as requested.
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: Friday 10th January 2020
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients come first. We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forward thinking employer offering flexibility and opportunity to progress your career.
We provide high quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines.
Family & Divorce Law, Child Care Law, Mediation, Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline and Immigration, Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring Law, Road Transport Law
What can we offer you:-
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training;
- A friendly, flexible and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence.
In return we are looking for committed, ambitious people who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment.
As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Representing our clients at police stations and magistrates courts;
- Managing a varied caseload of criminal cases in all aspects up to and including trials;
- Undertaking all aspects of compliance;
- Ensure that every case is handled with the highest quality of service;
- Managing cases entirely through our digital case management systems;
- Covering out of hours and duty rota as required within the team;
- Achieve all performance requirements.
- Applicant will require use of a car and have a valid driving licence;
- 1 year PQE minimum;
- Police station accreditation;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to build good working relationships with members of the team and clients;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Experience of working to and achieving performance targets.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and cover letter to the HR department at email@example.com quoting the references Crime20.