Job Title: Family Law Solicitor
Location: Manchester, with travel to other offices if and when required
Job Type: Full-time (35 hours); yet part-time options will be considered.
This role will suit an ambitious Family Law Solicitor, with a minimum of 2 year PQE experience, who will be comfortable working on their own initiative.
Cartwright King is a national law firm, delivering the highest quality legal advice and representation to clients across the country. We are one of the fastest growing firms, with offices across the UK.
We provide a wide range of legal services to both private and publically funded individuals. Our clients are at the centre of everything we do, which is why we aim to attract and retain only the most ambitious, professional and dedicated individuals.
- You will have responsibility for and will develop and deal with a caseload of Family work. This will include privately funded divorce & separation/financial remedy matters/private law children matters and prenuptial agreements
- You will be enthusiastic and energetic in developing and maintaining local and regional networks to attract and secure new business.
A current practicing certificate for either the SRA or CILEX
- Experience of running your own caseload and acting with autonomy
- Experience of marketing and building caseload
- Advocacy skills with the ability and willingness to conduct own advocacy
- Procedural and technical competence
- The ability to work to short deadlines, under pressure and to financial targets
- Good client care skills and commitment to these areas of work
- The ability to build relationships with other professionals and third parties
- Professionalism and integrity at all times
- Ability to work within the team as required
- Accreditation by the Law Society or Resolution in this area of law or willing to gain accreditation
- PC literate with good word, excel and outlook skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
What can we offer you
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence
- Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment.
As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.