Child Care and Family Law Fee Earners
Position(s): Child Care & Family Law Fee Earners
Hours: Full or part time - flexible working available
Closing Date: Friday 31st May 2018
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs for this role.
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients are our priority. We have consistently expanded and built teams of the best barristers, solicitors, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forwarding thinking law firm offering quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines:
Family & Divorce Law, Child Care Law, Family Mediation, Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline, Immigration, Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring Law and Road Transport Law
We are committed to legally aided work and have successfully bid for the new Civil 2018 Contract and now seek to grow our team of Family and Child Care lawyers further.
What can we offer you:-
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training;
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
- A commitment to flexible working and good work life balance;
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence.
In return we are looking for committed, ambitious people who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment.
As a firm are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The roles we are currently advertising for are Child Care & Family Fee Earners. This is a great opportunity for someone to join these departments to develop your current knowledge and work with a variety of different people. Opportunities to undertake publically funded work are available at all of our offices, except in London. Opportunities to undertake private work is available across all of our offices.
Please see the prime responsibilities and requirements below:-
- You will have responsibility for and will develop and deal with a caseload of Child Care and/or Family work. This will include divorce & separation, related financial and private law children matters, domestic abuse cases, care proceedings and child abuse and child neglect cases.
- Be prepared to develop and maintain local and regional networks to attract and secure new business
- A current practising certificate for either the SRA or CILEX
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Child Care and/or Family Law
- Experience of running your own caseload and acting with some autonomy
- Advocacy skills with the ability and willingness to conduct own advocacy wherever possible
- Procedural and technical competence
- The ability to work to short deadlines, under pressure and to financial targets
- Good client care skills and commitment to these areas of work
- Ability to build relationships with other professionals and third parties
- Professionalism and integrity at all times
- A member of the Law Society’s Children Panel
- Current membership of Resolution and a willingness to work to its ethos
- Experience of legal aid in family/care proceedings and of CCMS
- Accreditation by the Law Society or Resolution in this area of law or willing to commit to gain accreditation.
- PC literate with good word, excel and outlook skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to:-
- - build good working relationships with colleagues
- - prioritise workload
- - work proactively and with a can do attitude
To apply please email a full CV and covering letter, quoting the Job Reference 2018.10 to email@example.com