Position: Fraud & Crime Paralegal
Location: Manchester, with occasional travel to other offices
Hours: 35 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Cartwright King is a successful national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients are imperative, we have consistently expanded and built teams of the best barristers, solicitors, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive, forwarding thinking law firm offering quality legal advice and services in a number of private and legally aided disciplines, such as:
Family & Divorce Law, Child Care Law, Mediation, , Court of Protection, Community Care, Education, Mental Health, Employment, Police Law, Professional Discipline and Immigration, Criminal Defence, Business Defence, Motoring Law, Road Transport Law
What can we offer you:-
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training;
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing;
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence;
In return we are looking for committed, ambitious people who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment.
As a firm are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The role we are currently advertising for is a Paralegal with Fraud & Crime. Please see prime responsibilities and requirements below:-
This role will be supporting primarily the Fraud and Crime team; and will be undertaking a variety of duties such as:
- Maintaining court diary for fee earners, liaising with court and 3rd parties concerning listing of court hearings
- Communicating with a number of key stakeholders - clients, witnesses, prosecution, courts and third parties (face to face, on the telephone and in writing)
- Considering and scheduling large amounts of prosecution evidence, and unused material
- Preparing bundles of documents for court and counsel.
- Typing legal documents, including letters, attendance notes and instructions to counsel
- Attend court/conferences with counsel to take notes
- Generally assist our team of lawyers were required
- Support with the general office administration, such as on reception, collecting and opening the post and DX, hand delivering documents on the Court and chambers.
This role will suit an ambitious individual looking to develop their career within the legal sector, with a view of securing a training contract in the future.
- Degree level educated or equivalent, preferably within Law
- Completion of the Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- Ambition and strong interest to develop a career within the legal sector
- Willingness to become an accredited Police Station Representative
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication Skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and team members
- Ability to work proactively and with a can do attitude;
- Ability to work effectively on your own initiative or as apart of a team.
To apply, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please state why you are interested in this role, why you feel you are a suitable candidate, and your notice period and salary expectations.
Please note that applications without both Cover Letter and CV will not be considered.