Job Title: Head of Department Child Care Bedfordshire
Location: Bedford, with travel to other offices if and when required
Job Type: Full-time (35 hours); yet part-time options will be considered.
This role will suit an experienced Care Solicitor, with a minimum of 8 year PQE experience who will build up, and/or supervise, a Child Care team. The will be covering work in Bedford, Luton, and potentially Northampton.
Cartwright King is a national law firm, delivering the highest quality legal advice and representation to clients across the country. We are one of the fastest growing firms, with offices across the UK.
We provide a wide range of legal services to both private and publically funded individuals. Our clients are at the centre of everything we do, which is why we aim to attract and retain only the most ambitious, professional and dedicated individuals.
- This role will be the Head of Department for Child Care in Bedfordshire, and will build up and/or supervise their own team.
- You will have responsibility for and will develop and deal with a caseload of Child Care Work.
- You will be enthusiastic and energetic in developing and maintaining local and regional networks to attract and secure new business.
- You will be working with other Heads of Departments to drive the department forward
- • Panel accreditation
- Leadership skills
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of care cases
- A good guardian following and receiving instructions from guardians
- Experience of running your own caseload and acting with autonomy
- Experience of marketing and building caseload
- Experience of conducting your own advocacy and hearings
- The ability to work to short deadlines, under pressure and to financial targets
- Good client care skills and commitment to these areas of work
- The ability to build relationships with other professionals and third parties
- Professionalism and integrity at all times
- Team working skills
- PC literate with good word, excel and outlook skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
What can we offer you
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence
- Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to Recruitment@cartwrightking.co.uk. Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.