Position: New Business Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Starting date: As soon as possible
Cartwright King is a national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients come first. We have built teams of the best solicitors, barristers, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence
- Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- To assist the Head of Department and New Business Manager to handle all incoming new business enquiries and be a key point of contact for new clients into the firm.
- Expected to provide exceptional client service and understanding of how we can assist clients both over email and on the telephone.
- Exceptional selling skills and understanding of where we refer types of cases in each region.
- Be able to quickly identify the needs of clients in effective questioning techniques and responding informatively to their requirements.
- Expected to acquire and maintain a high level knowledge of the services we provide, directing enquiries to the right person or people within the firm.
- To assist the Head of Department and the New Business Managers to maintain and log all emails/calls centrally and assist in the development and upkeep of a tracking or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Make outbound follow up calls to potential leads.
- Provide follow up emails including those containing marketing/promotional material where relevant.
- Providing a commercial approach to each enquiry to maximise our return.
- Successful candidates will be driven to deliver exceptional call handling skills, effective enquiry management and will be responsible for contributing to key business performance targets.
- Successful candidates will be driven to achieve personal targets in order to contribute to key team performance targets.
- To assist the Head of Department and the New Business Managers to develop strategies to increase business into the firm; to track, analyse, and convert enquiries to deliver further growth within the firm and to help train staff to increase business into the firm and convert new enquiries.
- Assist the Head of Department and New Business Manager to proactively research, create and develop new business relationships for all the firms departments, across all the office locations.
- Assist in creating a client focused culture in line with our core values.
- Identify and maximise cross selling and referral opportunities.
- Be confident in liaising at all levels.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- IT skills Proficient in Microsoft products e.g. Word, Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, confident telephone manner and empathy for clients
- An exceptional ability to convert new enquiries into profitable cases for the firm
- Good attention to detail and accurate data recording ability
- Law firm operation
- Ability to work as part of a team
Desired Candidate Requirements:
- Client facing experience within professional services organisations
- Knowledge of law firm operation
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to Recruitment@cartwrightking.co.uk.
Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a good candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.